• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Blackberry Curve 8900

chapperzUK

I have lost patience with my Samsung Tocco Lite and I am now interested in getting a Blackberry Curve 8900. Does anyone on here have it and what do they think of it? Where is the best and cheapest place to get it?

I have one (well technically not at the moment - waiting for my replacement to arrive!)

Handy phone to have. Nice looking, great features, awesome having MSN messenger and Facebook available on the go. BB Messenger is quite handy too, being able to add other BlackBerry users to your messenger list and talk to them via instant messaging is cool. Overall impressed with it.

Several pains in the @rse though! Firstly, the tracking ball is sh!te. Quite poor quality IMO. That's why my BB broke - the tracking ball failed, which rendered the phone unusable. Also, I found the handset quite slow to respond to commands. If I clicked on a text to open it up, it could take around 5 seconds for it to open. However, this might not be a problem with all BBs - most likely just mine knowing my luck!

I have mine on an o2 contract. 24 months, basic £30 per month for 600 mins and 500 texts. Got one bolt-on free of charge (chose unlimited web browsing, usually costs £10 per month on top of basic contract, but got it for free), and chose to pay an extra £7.50 per month for unlimited text messaging, because I am a text addict. So 600 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited web browsing for £37.50 per month.

I would give it a go, mate. Probably likely that my problems with my first one aren't universal ones. Hopefully my replacement will be better! Worth looking at other BB models too before you commit to the 8900 though.

Thanks. I'm just looking for a phone that will text, call and maybe use for emails and twitter. Got annoyed with my current phone because you don't know whether you have pressed the button as it is a touch screen and my fingers are pretty clumsy.

my fingers are pretty clumsy.

vlcsnap13072866copywu4.jpg

Fat Handed ****...:p

Been looking around and found these deals with T-Mobile.

DEAL 1 : 600 cross-network mins + 500 texts + Unlimited data + 8 months free line rental discount + BlackBerry Booster for 18 months

= £30/month (£20/month with discount)

DEAL 2 : 300 cross-network mins + 300 texts + Unlimited data + 6 months free line rental discount + BlackBerry Booster for 18 months

= £25/month (£19.50/month with discount)

Deal 1 looks better in my opinion. Thoughts?

P.S. What age do you have to be to have a contract?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Plus, I'm guessing you're not a fan of Big Train (sketch show from 8 years or so ago - written by the Father Ted writers)?

8 years ago, I was 9 years ago so I never saw it ;).

I think mine is great - no 3g, but that is a battery drain.

Got it on T-Mobile - 24 months contract, £15 per month - 300 mins unlimited texts from www.buymobilephones.net for the wife

9700 Bold is a cracking phone and would recommend. That have got rid of the ball and now use a touch system, much better.

I do not have the privilige to have either but my bosses always complain about them, this is probably, as you can agree you do not know how to work them. But they always come to me on how to access them? I'm not IT, i'm cashdesk. AARRGH.

I got the Blackberry Curve 8900. Is there anyway to check my monthly usage? (How many minutes and texts I have left)

I do not have the privilige to have either but my bosses always complain about them, this is probably, as you can agree you do not know how to work them. But they always come to me on how to access them? I'm not IT, i'm cashdesk. AARRGH.

I build and use them at work and love mine. I have the 9700 Bold that has the touch centre rather than the roll and am loving it. We get senior managers, Group exec etc who have them and have no idea how to use them. Makes me wonder how they got into such a high position...

Back