• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blackberry Trouble

chapperzUK

My Blackberry got wet 2 weeks ago and it still won't work. The only thing that happens when I put my battery in, the flash light comes on.

I don't think water damage is covered under the warranty.

Help?

Try putting it in a bowl of rice overnight. Not guaranteed to work, but the rice will absorb an extra water that may be left.

This isn't a Viz Top Tip, I promise!

I got a phone wet a few years ago now and I didn't hold much hope that it would work again.

I took it apart as much as I could and just left it for a few days to completely dry out, and to my surprise it worked when I put it all back together so that might be worth a shot.

I got a phone wet a few years ago now and I didn't hold much hope that it would work again.

I took it apart as much as I could and just left it for a few days to completely dry out, and to my surprise it worked when I put it all back together so that might be worth a shot.

Might've worked with an old phone, but the phones these days just aren't as sturdy.

Your best bet is to do as Ayrshire says and allow it to dry for 24 hours. If it doesn't work after 24 hours it probably won't work at all.

If you got it wet 2 weeks ago and didn't act then (ie take it apart put it in the airing cupboard etc ) then you are fecked.

Basically there is a little indicator somewhere in the phone, if its water damaged beyond economical repair this indicator turns red, and it doesn't take a lot to do that......

Insurance covers water damage, warranty does not

If you got it wet 2 weeks ago and didn't act then (ie take it apart put it in the airing cupboard etc ) then you are fecked.

Basically there is a little indicator somewhere in the phone, if its water damaged beyond economical repair this indicator turns red, and it doesn't take a lot to do that......

Insurance covers water damage, warranty does not

I've left it to dry in the airing cupboard for a week and it has been on the radiator for the last few days.

If it was switched on when you got it wet, chances are you blew an IC and it's flumped. A shorted battery, even a low volt mobile one, packs a current charge if it's short circuited.

If it was switched off, as long as it's totally dry before switched on, should be fine.

Yep, after two weeks if it's been left out to dry and you still have no joy, it's knackered.

My Blackberry got wet 2 weeks ago and it still won't work. The only thing that happens when I put my battery in, the flash light comes on.

I don't think water damage is covered under the warranty.

Help?

Even though the phone got wet, it knew drying out was always in the pipeline, and as a professional communications device, it really shouldn't have let something like that affect its performance. I know that if I was a professional communications device, I certainly wouldn't be affected by getting wet and I would continue to function at my optimum.

In this circumstance you are left with only one option. Take a piece of A4 paper, colour it blue and write the word "BELIEVE" across it in white crayon. Now show that to the Blackberry, and all will be well.

Last edited:
Digging up an old thread here :)

I claimed on warranty and insurance but both failed. Looking at getting the Blackberry 8520 which is much cheaper, anyone on here got one?

Digging up an old thread here :)

I claimed on warranty and insurance but both failed. Looking at getting the Blackberry 8520 which is much cheaper, anyone on here got one?

Yeah i got one and to be honest it isn't bad at all. The only thing is it hasn't got GPS which i would have quite liked.

Back