• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
Big game again this weekend with Rovers likely to be as "up" for it and as quick out of the blocks as Plymouth.
Ewood Park ought to have a good playing surface and dealt with all the rain Up North.

I do not know of any fresh injury concerns so I expect SCP to send out the same starting 11 as Monday.

In advance - well done to all travelling Shrimpers. UTB!

I reckon you're right on the starting eleven Massimo, the million dollar question is which Southend United will turn up. It would be oh so nice to record the double over the League leaders.

Rovers have gone eight games without defeat, their last loss being at Home Park so we can understand that. I hope we do better than we did down in Devon - maybe we're Blackburn's jinx club?

Rovers have gone eight games without defeat, their last loss being at Home Park so we can understand that. I hope we do better than we did down in Devon - maybe we're Blackburn's jinx club?

They haven't beaten us since 1980.

I seem to remember Brett Angell did well against them.

Should be well attended as for most it will be a new ground to tick off the list.

I would expect around 800 + Shrimpers making the long journey north.

We are away, so we will lose heavily to nil. Still going for a day out on the beers and a new ground tick.

To be fair, we haven't played them much since 1980...

02 Feb 1980 Southend United v Blackburn Rovers 0-1
05 Nov 1991 Southend United v Blackburn Rovers 3-0
10 Mar 1992 Blackburn Rovers v Southend United 2-2
05 Aug 2017 Southend United v Blackburn Rovers 2-1

Really looking forward to this one, and hoping to make it beyond Manchester without the game being called off this time!

Unchanged side, 800+ SUFC, 3-0 win, easy.

We should have won in 1992; however ref decided to stretch added time to as long as it took for Rovers too get level. IIRC 3 minutes were signaled and they scored after 5 extra with last kick of game.

I remember some small bloke called David Speedie scored for them ....

We should have won in 1992; however ref decided to stretch added time to as long as it took for Rovers too get level. IIRC 3 minutes were signaled and they scored after 5 extra with last kick of game.

Yes, I was there. It felt like the ref was waiting for them to score. I also remember when David Speedie scored for them he celebrated by giving our fans a couple of V signs. To be honest I think we'd given him stick all night.

Back