• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blackout rugby

mcrabb

First XI
Just wondering if anyone else has a blackoutrugby team. It's basically the rugby equivalent of hattrick/battrick. It's still fairly early on in the game (only 4 games into the first season), but so far it seems good.

I'm still in the Cup at the moment, but once I've been knocked out I wouldn't mind a few friendlies.

I signed up to the beta version but didn't bother signing up went it launched properly. I was unimpressed that if didn't differentiate between forwards and backs. Showing its southern hemisphere roots there.

I'm playing. Looks good.

YB, there is a farily big variation in there now, forwards are all about weight, strength & technique with back all about speed, agility and handling. Still feeling my way round but looks promising.

Yep, I'm similar - just feeling my way around it at the moment and trying to figure out who should play where. Having said that I think I must have pretty bad forwards, as my props and locks seem to be doing distinctly average. My backs on the other hand are doing pretty well.

Everyone is finding it the same. I very rarely have any forwards playing above potential even though I have two of my best players there.

Still, 2nd in my Level III (more by luck than judgment) so can't complain!

just signed up... i guess if you get into these things ealry, the better you should do..

have you created a group yet Mr B... if not... why not!!

I've just signed up with a team in Wales. Can anyone offer any tips for starting out? Bearing in mindI don't know much about Rugby.

Who's taking my team name? :(

I've just signed up with a team in Wales. Can anyone offer any tips for starting out? Bearing in mindI don't know much about Rugby.

Wot he sed ! Menus aren't the easiest to trawl around - all I need are tips for coach, staff and training/acadamy to get me started. The rest can wait unless there's anything major we newbies must do. i dunno how I am going to fit all 3 games in though. May just concentrate on training and building up cash for a couple of seasons.

The tutorials under the help section are pretty useful. Basically the advice I would give is to upgrade your academy to Level 2 immediately, takes 4 weeks but gives you 4 extra training sessions per week. Then you need to identify your decent youngsters and allocate sessions between them. Pull yourself a youth as in the same way as BT, your early youths are often better than what's in your first team.

Use the youth squad to identify your best ones to promote, you can see their ratings in previous games. You're looking for high ratings below potential (above potential can be anything up to 4 levels above their standard). Hope that makes sense!

If you want to PM me your younger players I'll try to advise on where to put your sessions (very easy to call them nets!). Training isn't till Tuesday so you have time. Once your in it does seem like a game you don't need to devote too much time to which is handy. However, if you're on the PC during match time it has one of the best in game commentary engines I've seen in an online game (real time commentary with a ball moving around to let you know where play is on the pitch).

If I think of anything else I'll stick it here.

Oh and if you just want to quickly set a default line up theprime skills you're looking for are:

Prop: Heavy, Strong
Hooker: Strong, Handling
Lock: Tall, Jumping
Flanker: Defence, Strength
No. 8: Defence, Strength
Scrum/Fly Half: Handling, Kicking
In/Out Centre: Speed, Handling
Wing: Speed, Agility
Full Back: Defence, Speed

Goes without saying that all your backs need attack and defence is useful for the whole team. If you look at the individual skills in the help section it lets you know who uses them.

Use the youth squad to identify your best ones to promote, you can see their ratings in previous games. You're looking for high ratings below potential (above potential can be anything up to 4 levels above their standard). Hope that makes sense!

I've got a couple of youths who are Admirable (To potential) and one Reputable (Below potential), which one would be better to promote?

Last edited:
It's hard to say. Basically if a player plays to potential, you get an idea of his skill in that area, if he plays below potential it could be a couple of levels down but if it's above it could be 3 or 4. The 'decent below' should be minimum reputable when playing to potential but the 'princely above' could only be decent. Use your youth fixtures to manouvre players around positions and look to promote someone that was reputable below as a minimum.

Bear in mind that forwards very rarely play to potential but backs will often be above.

This was my YP, he was reputable (below) in the backs last week:

Mattias Speake
17 years old | 6,194 CSR (+17) | 201 cm | 97 kg
Right handed, right footed, in satisfactory form, and perfect energy levels.
An aggressive player with flawless discipline, despicable leadership, and non-existent experience.
Stamina: Limited Handling: Moderate
Attack: Decent Defense: Average
Technique: Non-Existent Strength: Average
Jumping: Non-Existent Speed: Moderate
Agility: Decent Kicking: Average

Mattias Speake
17 years old | 6,194 CSR (+17) | 201 cm | 97 kg
Right handed, right footed, in satisfactory form, and perfect energy levels.
An aggressive player with flawless discipline, despicable leadership, and non-existent experience.
Stamina: Limited Handling: Moderate
Attack: Decent Defense: Average
Technique: Non-Existent Strength: Average
Jumping: Non-Existent Speed: Moderate
Agility: Decent Kicking: Average

My YP

Demarcus Cash
17 years old | 5,876 CSR | 204 cm | 110 kg
Right handed, right footed, in average form, and perfect energy levels.
A timid player with rebellious discipline, decent leadership, and non-existent experience.
Stamina: Horrible Handling: Average
Attack: Non-Existent Defense: Decent
Technique: Average Strength: Decent
Jumping: Satisfactory Speed: Despicable
Agility: Limited Kicking: Limited

Another decent lock, you're doing well on those! Should be able to play anywhere at the front really.

You can't train the youth squad but I reckon the 16yo's must get a skill boost when they turn 17. I've got this bruiser who will hopefully be an uber-prop when he turns 17:

Joseph Mcintosh
16 years old | 198 cm | 132 kg
Right handed, left footed, in average form, and perfect energy levels.
A collected player with controlled discipline, horrible leadership, and non-existent experience.

That's quite interesting actually and something I hadn't realised. I thought it was just a way of sub-dividing the levels of the players (e.g. like in Hattrick with the very low, low, high and very high).

My YP this week was:
Mel Moloney
17 years old | 6,945 CSR | 203 cm | 102 kg
Right handed, right footed, in average form, and perfect energy levels.
A psychotic player with controlled discipline, despicable leadership, and non-existent experience.
Stamina: Decent Handling: Satisfactory
Attack: Decent Defense: Satisfactory
Technique: Non-Existent Strength: Despicable
Jumping: Non-Existent Speed: Satisfactory
Agility: Limited Kicking: Non-Existent

Was hoping for a decent Lock, but it seems that this guy is more suited to wing or centre. Not sure whether it's worth persevering with him though with poor agility.

His last match rating was satisfactory (below potential) at Lock.

Back