• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blackout Rugby

mcrabb

First XI
How is everyone doing on Blackout now? It's been a while since we've had any threads.

I think I've probably reached my highest ranking ever after my weekend game. Ranked #1 in Essex, #5 in England and #33 in the World. I know my team isn't actually that good, but it's nice to be that highly ranked.

Still haven't managed to match MrBs efforts at getting promoted to the top division though. I got relegated to III but came straight back up last season. Top of my league so far this season with 4 wins out of 4.

I'm just ticking over as a Level II team, won the league last season but deliberately avoided promotion as the teams in I are so far ahead. Last time i was up I lost so much money through members discontentment it just wasn't worth it. Might concentrate on a good cup run this year though we have won 4 out of 4 as well this season. Currently #3 in Essex and #10 in England so like Battrick, Essex is well represented at the top.

Current focus is my main trainee:

Eric Sudden
18 y/o (R9, D2) | 64,063 CSR (+1,513) | $10,786 p.w. | 176cm | 89kg | England
Right handed, right footed, in average form.
A conservative player with reckless discipline, decent leadership, and horrible experience.
Energy: Pumped 89%
Stamina: Princely Handling: Impressive
Attack: Princely Defense: Impressive
Technique: Reputable Strength: Average
Jumping: Average Speed: Impressive
Agility: Reputable Kicking: Princely

Other than that, 13 of my starting 15 are over 100k now. A steady but unspectacular outfit.

Sound pretty similar to me. I've managed to get all my team up to 100K+ now, but I'd say 80% are reaching around 27 this season. I need to start replacing many of them soon before they all age at the same time and I lose the entire team.

No spectacular trainees at the moment. Got a 17yo on about 25K CSR but nothing special.

I'm finding it exceedingly difficult to manage fitness, playing in a friendly cup on Mondays is fun but also very energy consuming! Throwing my cup game tonight as my oppo seem to be fine and aren't that far behind me.

I managed to change over some players so I only have a few at the 26/27 level and my three trainees are 65k, 46k and 44k (all 18) so will be almost like for like replacements for a lock, flanker and centre before they reach 30.

My oppo threw the cup match as well and we somehow won 19-10 and now face YB's team in Round 6!

I shall be culling players tonight after Mr B pointed out how many I had and how much they were costing me.

Beat YB's rather unfot looking team heavily on a WNWIM, though have managed fitness in the last couple of weeks by tactical throwing of league games. Got a very winnable game next week against the guy bottom of my league who's fitness is utterly screwed. I see the Conquerors have also made it through to the last 32 and should have a good chance of getting through.

Currently getting weekly mails from the various Argentinian U20 scouts trying to get me to put my prospect on 10 sessions. My negative replies are starting to get more rude.

I see the cup draw hasn't treated you too kindly Crabby! Knock them out for me please :smile:

Back