• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV Highlights Blackpool FC 2-1 Southend Utd

Definitely a penalty, the ref is so well positioned for it, he takes the guys foot and none of the ball, you can look at it again and again and he does take the foot, great strike by macca for the goal.

Personally I thought it was a penalty, although the video isn’t the best.

Oxley isn’t a good keeper though.

Flapped at the early one, before softly collapsing in a heap.

Rooted to his line for the goal.

Rash for the penalty.

We absolutely must recruit a new number one in the summer.

Personally I thought it was a penalty, although the video isn’t the best.

Oxley isn’t a good keeper though.

Flapped at the early one, before softly collapsing in a heap.

Rooted to his line for the goal.

Rash for the penalty.

We absolutely must recruit a new number one in the summer.
Totally agree with this. I said on the match thread that his positioning for the first goal was all wrong. Every cross that comes into our 6 yard box puts us under pressure because he is always rooted on the goal line.
Dracula springs to mind.

The cubs second team would be ashamed of Milligan’s ‘defending’ for the second goal.

The cubs second team would be ashamed of Milligan’s ‘defending’ for the second goal.

You must have looked at Milligan really closely because you haven't noticed Dieng.

Elvis read the game well for a player that can't defend (according to some) and covered a couple of those type of balls in the first half. Dieng doesn't come across quick enough and when he does, its the same as one of his midfield tackles.....He is there but nothing ever happens

Dieng also done his best to avoid the man we all knew was the biggest danger....Yet Oxley gets the blame for the first

You must have looked at Milligan really closely because you haven't noticed Dieng.

Elvis read the game well for a player that can't defend (according to some) and covered a couple of those type of balls in the first half. Dieng doesn't come across quick enough and when he does, its the same as one of his midfield tackles.....He is there but nothing ever happens

Dieng also done his best to avoid the man we all knew was the biggest danger....Yet Oxley gets the blame for the first
I'm not putting all the blame on Oxley but as you know Riggers, it's a real problem in his game. I like to keep pointing it out because it keeps happening. When a cross comes in he looks like a rabbit in headlights.
I haven't even mentioned his part in the penalty because watching live I thought he might have got a touch on the ball.

Great strike by Macca - why does no-one go and congratulate Tom Clifford for his goal line clearance?

They don't show Milligan's strong shot which screamed narrowly over the crossbar in the first half. Otherwise they have the main highlights which show that we competed well and deserved at least a point. Seeing the penalty decision live I thought it was referring decision, now having seen it on the highlights I still think it's the wrong decision but I can understand the ref giving it which I couldn't this afternoon.

Macca should’ve scored first half when he was through a couple of times. But .. he certainly blasted it for the goal. Was watching him warm up before kick off in front of us and he was lashing it in from all angles with real determination. He should be on permanent corner and free kick duty on this form.

Only watched once but looks like ox got a fist on the ball. He had to get out and go in for that, and I think it's encouraging he did

I wasn't there but I agree from watching the highlights, no way is Oxley to blame for the first. Good play from their winger to beat Clifford and put a decent cross in. My only question would be why Elvis ends up marking Gnanduillet? Our only player who has a chance of challenging him in the air is Dieng, he should have been on their main threat like glue.

The pen, TBH I'm not sure. Ox got a hand to the ball, but probably took the player out too. Harsh, but I can see why it's given.

Great goal from Macca, but then we nearly conceded at the end with a carbon copy of the first goal. Elvis again outmatched against Gnanduillet, where was Dieng?

Last edited:
I wasn't there but I agree from watching the highlights, no way is Oxley to blame for the first. Good play from their winger to beat Clifford and put a decent cross in. My only question would be why Elvis ends up marking Gnanduillet? Our only player who has a chance of challenging him in the air is Dieng, he should have been on their main threat like glue.

The pen, TBH I'm not sure. Ox got a hand to the ball, but probably took the player out too. Harsh, but I can see why it's given.

Great goal from Macca, but then we nearly conceded at the end with a carbon copy of the first goal. Elvis again outmatched against Gnanduillet, where was Dieng?
Agree with the comment on the first, you can't really be in a position to come for that without exposing the near post too much.

Looks like a definite penalty to me.
It obviously was a penalty because the ref awarded it, but whether Oxley got to the ball first was the question. I thought he did at the time and the Girrafe fell over him. Mind you, it really doesn't matter now.

My only question would be why Elvis ends up marking Gnanduillet? Our only player who has a chance of challenging him in the air is Dieng, he should have been on their main threat like glue.

Square pegs in round holes. Neither Elvis or Dieng are centre backs - it'll be good to have a proper one featuring for us soon.

Back