• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Blackpool FC 2 - 2 Southend United

Okay I’ll look at what happened and despite a share of the spoils we’re now a point closer to the relegation zone than we were before kick off. Is that better?

Or 1 point closer to the 'magic' safety margin than we were.................you take your choice depending on your standpoint.

You don’t have to call it bad luck. I’m saying that I do.

We shut out a play-off chasing team, on their own patch, in front of their biggest crowd for 5 years, for the entire second half, aside from that last kick of the game. That tells me that it wasn’t a tactical error, or mid-management. It was sheer bad luck.

You haven’t got to agree with me. I’m just just trying to be balanced

9 defensive players on the pitch for the last 20 minutes. Invite Blackpool to just continue to attack, something was bound to happen eventually.

We were playing Blackpool ffs, it’s not Macclesfield versus Man City.

Utter **** poor management and substitutions in my opinion.

I’d say that going to a team on the edge of the play-offs with a buzzing atmosphere and their biggest crowd in years while we only have one fit striker and getting a point is an alright result. Of course, a win would have been nicer and we should have seen it out, but there’s no need for quite the doom and gloom.

Had it been us scoring an equaliser with the last kick it would be an entirely different feeling from the same result, if we’re ignoring sentiments and looking at results.

So Kelman and Wabo are not fit or are not strikers???

I wish people would stop using the injury excuse. Some if our injured players are now fit... So please start looking at the performances of the starting eleven rather than absences of players.

So Kelman and Wabo are not fit or are not strikers???

I wish people would stop using the injury excuse. Some if our injured players are now fit... So please start looking at the performances of the starting eleven rather than absences of players.
With about 30 minutes of professional football between them, I’m not sure you can count them as first team players.

And repeating the same point again, a point away from home against a play-off chasing side with a bumper crowd is a decent result.

With about 30 minutes of professional football between them, I’m not sure you can count them as first team players.

And repeating the same point again, a point away from home against a play-off chasing side with a bumper crowd is a decent result.

So a point against Accrington away.... Where do you stand on this point?

Of course its frustrating to drop 2 points in the last second. But does anyone think even if we had a perfect fans favourite 4-4-2 with every player in the club available, that Blackpool would not of still manged several attacks in the last 10.

Roared on by 15,000 they would have stretched Luton on a 1 goal lead. and Luton would have taken a point today, of all days.

Well done CP for having faith in HL, RK and CK Be honest some of you were just waiting slag CP for such a bold choice, so now you should give credit when its due.

Young Charlie was always going to be favourite to come off, as we have 3 games in a week and every single manger in the EFL would have made the same decision under the same circumstances.

With our luck this season lets hope the returning lads have no reaction from todays efforts.

Lets see this as appositive day and lets get something from Tuesday (for a change). Now chill out enjoy the rest of the weekend and save your emotions for Tuesday.:Thank You:

So a point against Accrington away.... Where do you stand on this point?
Well that would be comparing a point against a side below us in 17th to a point against a side above us in 8th...

Of course its frustrating to drop 2 points in the last second. But does anyone think even if we had a perfect fans favourite 4-4-2 with every player in the club available, that Blackpool would not of still manged several attacks in the last 10.

Roared on by 15,000 they would have stretched Luton on a 1 goal lead. and Luton would have taken a point today, of all days.

Well done CP for having faith in HL, RK and CK Be honest some of you were just waiting slag CP for such a bold choice, so now you should give credit when its due.

Young Charlie was always going to be favourite to come off, as we have 3 games in a week and every single manger in the EFL would have made the same decision under the same circumstances.

With our luck this season lets hope the returning lads have no reaction from todays efforts.

Lets see this as appositive day and lets get something from Tuesday (for a change). Now chill out enjoy the rest of the weekend and save your emotions for Tuesday.:Thank You:

Good summary Riggers. I'd have taken a point before the game. How it played out, I was gutted. We need to keep positive, Scunthorpe are struggling too, let's snaffle those three points.

Last edited:
Gutted and we could be in the bottom 4 by Wednesday.
You may be relieved to know that it’s mathematically impossible for us to be in the bottom 4 by Wednesday. 4 of the teams below us play one another, and so Plymouth and Shrewsbury can’t both overtake us; and the same applies for Rochdale/Oxford, though in this case the most likely scenario is that neither can overtake us, due to our superior goal difference. So even if we lose to Scunthorpe, and all other results are the SZ pessimist’s dream, we can’t achieve 21st place before next weekend at the earliest.
It’s easy for us to let our teeth chatter when there’s a gap of just 3 points between us and 21st, but it is relevant that the gap is of 7 places. Teams are always playing one another, but when we look only at points that can be forgotten. UTB

Haven’t won at Scunthorpe since 1983 and never won at Glandford Park

I didn't go today, I have, briefly, spoke to someone who did but was very very frustrated by the end result draw.
However both he, and I, would have taken a point before kick off.
And Keirnon started, and scored from a Mantom corner. Turner scored. Lennon played a full game. Kelman started a BIG game and didn't disgrace himself. Cox got a chance to seal it from the returned Demi.
More positives than negatives for me, my glass is half full AND we are SO overdue a performance at Scunny.
UTB!
Finally I hope Mrs MacL had a fine, healthy little Shrimper and that will put a spring back in his step too.

That's why I asked the question. Do you care to give an answer rather than state the obvious?

Surely it was a very costly point. SH is still waiting for the swelling to go down so he can have surgery. I would have rather lost 5-0 than lost SH for the season.

Even after he had gone off we never sat back and had several good chances to make it 2-0. Which means if you think everything revolves a round the manger (I don't) then he got it right.

Same as Cox had a great chance to seal the game today he didn't and they got lucky. That's not bad tactics or bad management.

You may be relieved to know that it’s mathematically impossible for us to be in the bottom 4 by Wednesday. 4 of the teams below us play one another, and so Plymouth and Shrewsbury can’t both overtake us; and the same applies for Rochdale/Oxford, though in this case the most likely scenario is that neither can overtake us, due to our superior goal difference. So even if we lose to Scunthorpe, and all other results are the SZ pessimist’s dream, we can’t achieve 21st place before next weekend at the earliest.
It’s easy for us to let our teeth chatter when there’s a gap of just 3 points between us and 21st, but it is relevant that the gap is of 7 places. Teams are always playing one another, but when we look only at points that can be forgotten. UTB

I hope we approach the game on Tuesday with a positive attitude, let's look at today as a point gained rather than two lost. I've got more faith in us getting a win on Tuesday than at home against the Dons. Especially with party poopers Wordsworth and Pigott potentially playing.

That's why I asked the question. Do you care to give an answer rather than state the obvious?
I don’t see what you’re trying to prove here... obviously a point against 8th is better. That said, when the team in 14th draw away against 17th I’d see it as a missed opportunity rather than an unacceptable result.

Haven’t won at Scunthorpe since 1983 and never won at Glandford Park
Stats like this always strike me as superstitious nonsense, almost every fixture since 1983 at Glandford park would have featured completely different players and managers compared to those that will feature on Tuesday so why would they be any indication of how we'll do this time? There's no reason to think that because we haven't won there in a while that the fixture must be tough.

Dreamer

Back