• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Blackpool FC v Southend United

Looks like a pretty desperate gamble, throwing both Lennon and Kiernan in from the start without a minute of game time in how long,and then to retainTurner after last week. If it works then great, but this could backfire in spectacular fashion.

Looks like a pretty desperate gamble, throwing both Lennon and Kiernan in from the start without a minute of game time in how long,and then to retainTurner after last week. If it works then great, but this could backfire in spectacular fashion.

Yep screams of someone worried for their job.

Not that I’m complaining as that’s a pretty decent lineup.

From what I've been reading about the under 23's games when Kiernan was a calming influence and a loud voice assembling the back-line.

From what I've been reading about the under 23's games when Kiernan was a calming influence and a loud voice assembling the back-line.

Definitely something that is needed at the moment.

Good to see Demi back in the squad, hopefully he's ready to start in the coming weeks. We've missed him desperately.

I really don't like Elvis and Hart as wing backs, as they get exposed - hope I'm proved wrong.

Also, how the hell does Mantom stay in the side, let alone keep the captaincy!!

I really don't like Elvis and Hart as wing backs, as they get exposed - hope I'm proved wrong.

Also, how the hell does Mantom stay in the side, let alone keep the captaincy!!

I think having the 3rd centre back in there could actually offer good cover behind them. Buzzing for Keirnan

That said, Turner can't jump! He is better in the middle of a back 3 though. Let's hope that is the case anyway.
I would have thought that Kiernan would also want to play in the middle (of a three), I guess we will see.

Surprising line up but there may be good reasons for it. As said, Moore may be carrying a knock/injury. Perhaps CP is looking longer term knowing that Lennon and Kiernan urgently need match fitness and giving them both some time today is the best way rather than U-23 games especially if there aren't many coming up. As for Mantom, maybe he'll play better just having Blackpool to contend with rather than the venom from the stands at Roots Hall. I have doubts over Charlie's readiness for games like this but it may allow Cox to play his more natural game. Hope the young lad does well. CP also said that Oxley is back training.

Big day for the bench today.

Can't see Kelman lasting 90 minutes.
Can't see Kiernan lasting 90 minutes.
Think Lennon and Turner will struggle to last 90 minutes.
Who knows when Hyam will next be injured.
And that's before any tactical changes.

Am I the only one disappointed with Moore's recent displays? Definitely been at fault for a couple of goals lately. Also, Blackpool played with two big, aggressive strikers at Roots Hall and they bullied us.

Back