• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Blackpool FC v Southend United

I really don't like Elvis and Hart as wing backs, as they get exposed - hope I'm proved wrong.

Also, how the hell does Mantom stay in the side, let alone keep the captaincy!!
I think it probably suits them better to be honest, both Elvis and Hart look far more convincing going forward than when they are defending so this system will play to their strengths more. Having 3 centre backs should also leave us less exposed if we lose the ball when they are up the pitch.

Also, Mantom has been fine away from home of late. He was decent at Accrington and it tends to be at Roots Hall with the critical crowd that his confidence tends to suffer. I think he's feeling the pressure a bit.

Risky line up at the beginning of this crucial week.The back 4 desperately needs some quality......good to see Lennon and Kiernan playing..just hope they're not too rusty and their fitness levels are up to it.Only time will tell if it's a master stroke or sheer desperation on the part of CP

Whatever line up he's picked, Blackpool are going to take some stopping today :Sad:

This is the most confident I’ve felt for a while. Think we will win 2-1

This is the most confident I’ve felt for a while. Think we will win 2-1
Funny, least confident for me. Bare bones mean we’re having to rush people back who we’d normally ease back in. Even if they last, their match sharpness is going to be lacking. With the bumper crowd and homecoming atmosphere, this is going to be one of the toughest we’ll face for some time.

Funny, least confident for me. Bare bones mean we’re having to rush people back who we’d normally ease back in. Even if they last, their match sharpness is going to be lacking. With the bumper crowd and homecoming atmosphere, this is going to be one of the toughest we’ll face for some time.

Yeah I don't fancy our chances too much either. :Sad:

Back