• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blackpool trip on 2 April - B&B's etc

Dear All,

I am planning for Blackpool on 2 April to be my 92nd ground and a group of about a dozen of us (all blokes aged 30 - 50 ish, only two Southend fans amongst them) will be going up for the weekend (nights of Fri 1st and Sat 2nd April) to mark the occasion (just an excuse for a few beers really).

Searching around the biggest prob will be finding a B&B with half a dozen twin rooms so I might need to split us over a couple of hostelries.

I was also hoping to travel up by train (most of us are going from Ipswich) but so far it seems there are no decent cheap deals (cheapest i can find is circa £126 each for a return).

I expect some of you might know the Blackpool area plus also have some experience in getting cheap travel so any help/hints on the following would be much appreciated:

- reasonable mid-range B&B's (with twin rooms!)
- cheap train tickets
- decent pubs to hole up in at Blackpool for an evening (dont want a deadzone but want to hear ourselves speak, a good real ale selection useful and maybe (but not essential) live music

Cheers

SS

Minibus with driver would surely be cheaper than 12 x 126 for train.

Best price I can find for a dozen chaps is below in the link. Don't know if they will take 12 chaps intent on destruction of the liver but a quick phone call should sort it.

http://www.iknow-uk.com/accommodation/13126-tuxford-house-hotel-blackpool.htm?arrival=2016-04-01&nights=2&flexibility=0&adults%5B0%5D=2&adults%5B1%5D=2&adults%5B2%5D=2&adults%5B3%5D=2&adults%5B4%5D=2&adults%5B5%5D=2&children%5B0%5D=0&children%5B1%5D=0&children%5B2%5D=0&children%5B3%5D=0&children%5B4%5D=0&children%5B5%5D=0#rs=1

As for the trains, you might want to think about hiring a coach and driver for the weekend.

Er, like Pubey said.:blush:

Best price I can find for a dozen chaps is below in the link. Don't know if they will take 12 chaps intent on destruction of the liver but a quick phone call should sort it.

http://www.iknow-uk.com/accommodation/13126-tuxford-house-hotel-blackpool.htm?arrival=2016-04-01&nights=2&flexibility=0&adults%5B0%5D=2&adults%5B1%5D=2&adults%5B2%5D=2&adults%5B3%5D=2&adults%5B4%5D=2&adults%5B5%5D=2&children%5B0%5D=0&children%5B1%5D=0&children%5B2%5D=0&children%5B3%5D=0&children%5B4%5D=0&children%5B5%5D=0#rs=1

As for the trains, you might want to think about hiring a coach and driver for the weekend.

Er, like Pubey said.:blush:

Cheers Genial - tents in the Lake District no longer do it for me

Back