• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
Another l o n g trip to Lancashire.
Coaches leave The Hall at 6.30am so my guess is the team will either fly or travel Friday.

After Tuesday's long trip who will SCP pick? A bonus is we have not been picking up injuries or suspensions like we were early in this topsy turvey season.

My team, fwiw.

Oxley

Demi, Turner, Anton, Coker

McL, Mantom, Dru, Kites

Cox, Ladapo.

Some fresh legs, some game time/starts for the "trialists".

Another nil nil.

Truthfully, I expected Mantom to get game time against Doncaster and then get a start at Rochdale. Not to be, so I'm at a loss to know why we bought the guy in if we don't give him some first team time. I would actually start with the team you suggest but it would not surprise me if Fortuné partners Coxy.

Oxley
Demi Turner Ferdinand Coker
McL Timlim Yearwood Kightly
Cox Fortune

Need to get Timlin and Yeardwood back together in the middle imo.

I'm ready for the trip up Friday and a two night stay for me at the Blackpool fc hotel, looking forward to this one, I'm going for a 1-1 draw.

I am not sure how we will line up but I hope we consider the 'Harrison' effect. It was against Pompey that Harrison was put out on the left and, although we won, it was as much down to grit as anything. Prior to that we had been putting the appropriate personnel in their primary position. Square pegs in round holes and all that.

Interesting to look at the form over the last five games. We have one win in five and Blackpool three in five. But then Dale had won two on the bounce, both away from home (one being Rotherham) and we managed a point. Chris is obviously looking for pointers for next season so I would expect to see Sam M get a run out on Saturday. Has the feel of a draw unless our strikers find their scoring boots. Safe travels to all making the long trip

Yes, hopefully another point as we crawl towards the 52 or 53 needed to be safe. I'd plump for 0-0 though.

I can t see us not scoring for 4 games in a row, and I can't see us keeping 3 clean sheets in a row, so I am going for 27-28 with a last minute winner from Oxley.

Listening to cp pre match interview and he sais theo has had some off the pitch problems and is back now! Ok he hasnt been great but he has shown in the 23s he can score goals and would imagine hes eager to play and show hes worth to cp !! The others arent scoring and were not conceding so why not give him a chance? No goals in 276 minutes from our so called better strikers! I think he deserves 45mins we dont have any other options and were desperate for a goal!!

Chris Phillips says team flying to Blackpool. Seem to recall that happened when Freddie scored in an away win in his heyday.

Truthfully, I expected Mantom to get game time against Doncaster and then get a start at Rochdale. Not to be, so I'm at a loss to know why we bought the guy in if we don't give him some first team time. I would actually start with the team you suggest but it would not surprise me if Fortuné partners Coxy.

Powell pretty much admitted the other day that Mantom was brought in because Wordsworth and Wright were out injured. Now they're back I can see him joining the illustrious list of pointless SUFC loan signings.

I'd bring Cox and McLaughlin back in after their rest in midweek and maybe rest Fortune - three games in eight days is a lot for a 36 year-old.

Unless Ron is splashing out on a chartered private jet? OK, low cost flyBE scheduled service from Southend Airport to Manchester it is then......:smile:

Let’s hope any plane tickets are exchangeable just in case the game is called off due to the weather, given the snow forecast for the weekend.

Unless Ron is splashing out on a chartered private jet? OK, low cost flyBE scheduled service from Southend Airport to Manchester it is then......:smile:
Flights today to Manchester just in case anyone wants to go over to Southend Airport and give them a good send off. :winking:

BE6231 MANCHESTER 09:30
BE6237 MANCHESTER 18:10
BE6239 MANCHESTER 21:50

Let’s hope any plane tickets are exchangeable just in case the game is called off due to the weather, given the snow forecast for the weekend.

No snow forecast for Blackpool so should be OK, assuming that they fly today.

£139 round trip flight fare and then presumably train or bus to Blackpool (or tram?).

No chance of snow in Blackpool, a low of 2 degrees but sunny spells, got to Blackpool around 3 pm despite the poxy stop start on the m6 and endless roadworks, still did the trip up in just over 5 hours with one stop:thumbsup:

Back