• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Big Dady

¡Viva la Kevolución! ⭐️ ⭐️
Staff member
So here we are the fourth away game of Chris Powell's return and time in charge at the Mighty Shrimpers.

It is now time for ALL of us to get behind him and the team whether you are at Bloomfield Road, listening on the radio, or watching on ifollow.

Chris Powell's 4th Southend United Away Team.

Oxley, Demetriou, Turner, White, Coker (C), Timlin, Yearwood, McLaughlin, Wordsworth, Cox, Fortune

Subs: Bishop, Kightly, Mantom, Wright, Robinson, Harrison, Ladapo

K7Q6Fc.jpg

The pitch ahead of today’s game at Bloomfield Road, looks like this seaside town has left most of its sand on their beach and fortunately there is no snow (yet).

2PwmkM.jpg

ivgtsG.jpg

Chris Powell’s current away record after 4 games

Won 1
Drawn 2
Lost 0
Goals scored 1
Goals conceded 0

Anton Ferdinand misses out due to illness.

Four changes for the Blues: White, Cox, Timlin, and McLaughlin start.

Ferdinand misses out due to illness, shame as him and Dawson have built a good partnership.

He looks a bit like Dawson, in fairness!

Interesting side. Going without too much width. Hopefully it'll turn out OK, but I do wonder if we are changing things around just to accommodate Wordy.

Still no sign of Mantom starting but a return for Mr Timlin and Jon White. I hope Woody has his 'want to play' hat on this week.

AndyT;2043378[B said:
]He looks a bit like Dawson, in fairness![/B]

Interesting side. Going without too much width. Hopefully it'll turn out OK, but I do wonder if we are changing things around just to accommodate Wordy.

bit unfair, he ain’t that ugly

eb102721ac30d0e98abf7c0545d1fd94.jpg

You’d like to think we have enough creativity with this line up. Last season when we were playing at our best I always felt like it was McLaughlin and Wordsworth who linked up and worked so well together. You’ve got Cox and MAF who work so hard up top and in those first few games for Powell Dru and Timlin formed a very hard working ball winning duo.

Good to see White back in the team, although part of our defensive issue this season has been because we haven’t had a settled back line.

Reports suggest it’s extremely windy up in Blackpool and has just started snowing (Chris Phillips twitter feed) so I hope the Blackpool pitch is nice and we can get some good simple balls along the floor rather than trying to long ball it. Perhaps this is one reason we have a narrow formation.

That huge hairdo will save most of our goalbound efforts! :sad:

I think we played our best football with Timlin in CM with Dru. Hopefully 3 points today

I agree but with Wordsworth starting one of Timlin or Dru are likely to be out wider. Probably Timlin on the left where he is used to playing.

Back