• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would like to see the same line up and set up Saturday except maybe have Payne playing forward off Barnett in his better position instead of Weston and drop Lenny into Paynes starting position last night so midfield is less lightweight and Lenny can do his surging runs forward and shooting :thumbsup:

Personally I think we got away with having Worrall at right back last night. He did have a great game there's no denying that. But did he have a solid right back performance or was it more of a great right winger's performance with the odd bit of dropping back to help out? I'd say those at the game will be best to judge on this coz it's harder to tell on tv when the cameras just follow the ball.

I'd keep Wozza in but bring in John White for Weston and again leave Lenny on the bench to come on for Deegan or Atkinson in the second half. Otherwise unchanged.

I note that Blackpool are only a point clear of Fleetwood and Oldham but they both have two games in hand. Blackpool will obviously be desperate to win all their remaining home games.
I don't see any point in Southend playing safe any more. We need to at least try to win every game now to reach the play offs. So it should be out and out attack all guns blazing.

Also see Brown stirring the pot at blackpool. Think he is dropping their manager in it a bit and might not help us.

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/s...ystons-says-pal-brown-1-7823561#ixzz44NXuI24n

I note that Blackpool are only a point clear of Fleetwood and Oldham but they both have two games in hand. Blackpool will obviously be desperate to win all their remaining home games.
I don't see any point in Southend playing safe any more. We need to at least try to win every game now to reach the play offs. So it should be out and out attack all guns blazing.

Also see Brown stirring the pot at blackpool. Think he is dropping their manager in it a bit and might not help us.

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/s...ystons-says-pal-brown-1-7823561#ixzz44NXuI24n

He was at the game last night.

Been saying attack for the last 5/6 games. Everything to gain and nothing to lose.................Now it's ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK !!!!!!!! Gung Ho, Why not ?

Agree with saafender Captain White in the back 4, Weston and Lennie as impact subs, if the pitch is a ploughed field as some have suggested....."Farmer Deegan" will be in his element :thumbsup:

It's better to burn out than fade away

Same formation and tell the players to flood forward at every opportunity and get the win and try to improve goal difference.

Not point in playing it safe we need to attack attack attack

Leaving in about half an hour, looking forward to a proper weekend away day break! :smile:

Out of interest and I know it would have stuffed people with travel arrangements and I myself wouldn't necessarily want it but from a club point of view could we not have got this moved to Sunday as we've had a days less rest with a Wednesday night game?

It's better to burn out than fade away

Same formation and tell the players to flood forward at every opportunity and get the win and try to improve goal difference.

Not point in playing it safe we need to attack attack attack

Our goal difference offers us massive room for improvement .And apart from Brad C. (Possibly)it's not likely to help at all.

In today's Echo it says Jack picked up an injury in Wednesday's game and is doubtful for tomorrow.

This was the line up for the first game of the season against Fleetwood (well, that's next door to Blackpool) .....

Bentley
White Bolger Barrett Coker
Leonard Wordsworth Atkinson Hurst
Mooney Weston

.... with sub appearances from Worrall, Hunt and Pigott

Quite a change around in the striker area but otherwise the same old names for the defence and midfield - quite surprised me that.

Players for both teams:

Peter Clarke
Stuart Parker
Jacob Murphy
Derek Spence
Keith Mercer
Liam Dickinson
Dennis Booth
Roy Odonovan
Mel Capleton
Stuart O'Keefe
Rhys Evans
John Burridge
Martin Aldridge
Colin Morris
Mark Patterson
Scott Vernon

I'm not sure I want PB to field a back three for this one, but if he does then not Thompson please, I would chance Piotr Malarczyk instead. So let's assume I don't have a clue about away formations and just go for a list of players to start instead:

Bentley
Coker
Malarczyk
White
Atkinson
Deegan
Worrall
Payne
Barnett
McLaughlin
McQueen

I was tempted to start Lenny, but I think it's a bit too early. This is the first of our latest round of 'got to wins' so lets give it a real go, eh Phil? You will no doubt have a sizeable group of Blues supporters there in person willing the win to keep the dream alive.

Got a good feeling about this one,i reckon we'll smash those northern monkeys 3-0,come on you mighty mighty Shrimpers.:thumbsup:

Don't think tomorrow will suit Jack anyway, their pitch apparently is dreadful and it may be one for the battlers rather than the artists.

Back