• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I don't see the logic of why the team selection would change from Wednesday; unless someone is injured?
The bench is strong with options for most positions but no like for like with the front two.
I know little of the B'pool line up - is it almost a "dead rubber" game for them?
As for the pitch, in April it ought to be growing; and just rolling it ought to make it ok; I thought our pitch looked vastly better this week than for both the Crewe and Gills games.

I don't see the logic of why the team selection would change from Wednesday; unless someone is injured?
The bench is strong with options for most positions but no like for like with the front two.
I know little of the B'pool line up - is it almost a "dead rubber" game for them?
As for the pitch, in April it ought to be growing; and just rolling it ought to make it ok; I thought our pitch looked vastly better this week than for both the Crewe and Gills games.
Worrall right back when White's on the bench seems bizarre to me so I'd make that change (I'd keep Worrall in the team, but further up the pitch). I'd also bring Lenny in for probably Atkinson.

I'd go for;

Bentley
White Thompson Barrett Coker
Worrall Leonard Deegan McLaughlin
Payne (if fit)
Barnett

They still aren't safe as they're only one point above the drop zone so will be going all out for the win. CP tweeted a picture of their pitch earlier and it looked awful. Weather forecast for Blackpool predicts more rain tonight and tomorrow morning which certainly won't help.

Would you start Weston?

Would you start Weston?

When we played Blackpool at home I noticed how slow and I mean really slow their two CB's were. If they have not addressed that then a bit of pace may well be the answer. I would how ever put Jack (if fit) up top as he reads Barnett's flicks a lot better than Weston does.

On Wednesday we made a point of watching Weston. Even though you can see that Barnett is clearly going to win a header, he delays his run, just to see if its worth it. So his pace is wasted as the defender is already on the move. Of course if he did race clean through..... finishing would be another story.

When we played Blackpool at home I noticed how slow and I mean really slow their two CB's were. If they have not addressed that then a bit of pace may well be the answer. I would how ever put Jack (if fit) up top as he reads Barnett's flicks a lot better than Weston does.

On Wednesday we made a point of watching Weston. Even though you can see that Barnett is clearly going to win a header, he delays his run, just to see if its worth it. So his pace is wasted as the defender is already on the move. Of course if he did race clean through..... finishing would be another story.

It was probably expecting too much from Weston on Wednesday, but I was really hoping that he would blow me away with his pace and hopefully his end product. At this stage of the season I don't think we can just hope that he delivers his full potential, so it's Jack for me if he is fit enough.

It was probably expecting too much from Weston on Wednesday, but I was really hoping that he would blow me away with his pace and hopefully his end product. At this stage of the season I don't think we can just hope that he delivers his full potential, so it's Jack for me if he is fit enough.

Weston did what he was there to do- they play three at the back and so the last thing shelf U wanted was a really quick forward chasing down and running the channels. We defended from the front and nullified their attacking threat.

Weston did what he was there to do- they play three at the back and so the last thing shelf U wanted was a really quick forward chasing down and running the channels. We defended from the front and nullified their attacking threat.

We could probably have quite a discussion about Weston, and I agree he ran around a lot, but he didn't have a final touch which would have made it more effective. We probably need to leave it there.

going tomo but reports suggest if wont be a surprise if this gets callled off, with their pitch and rain today and heavy forecast tomo hoping for the best!

Would you start Weston?

Very possibly; BUT PB needs to tell him and repeat it, ad nausea, to him that he must take responsibility and shoot, he must make the runs, he must work the channels and when closing down he MUST do it with conviction and 100% to win the ball/make the block AND not slow/pull up 3 yards short. Simply put he runs himself (and B'pool) ragged for an hour or he doesn't in which case ..............................

Very possibly; BUT PB needs to tell him and repeat it, ad nausea, to him that he must take responsibility and shoot, he must make the runs, he must work the channels and when closing down he MUST do it with conviction and 100% to win the ball/make the block AND not slow/pull up 3 yards short. Simply put he runs himself (and B'pool) ragged for an hour or he doesn't in which case ..............................
Not sure Weston has ever done any of that stuff. All he needs to do is what he did at Wembley after 120 minutes, memorise the defender and get the ball crossed into the penalty box.

Early warning on postponement would be appreciated if there is one, think my train is fast to Crewe so I'd rather not get on it if it's an obvious wash out
Heavy rain forecast from 9am to 3pm and windy. Not sure about postponement, being Blackpool and all that sand, any water should disappear rapidly.

Early warning on postponement would be appreciated if there is one, think my train is fast to Crewe so I'd rather not get on it if it's an obvious wash out
Heavy rain forecast from 9am to 3pm and windy. Not sure about postponement, being Blackpool and all that sand, any water should disappear rapidly.
The Boxing Day match was postponed after heavy rain though, see below!
image.jpg

The Boxing Day match was postponed after heavy rain though, see below!
View attachment 4007

Good news for Phil - he can nip over to the Reading game.

Crickey Massimo, if he included that lot in the team talk, he wouldn't have time for anything else. I would love for Weston to be consistently on the money, but he isn't. He's not one for me I'm afraid, nice bloke though he is.

Back