• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blacks

Can some one help me out here please as im dimmer then a dimmer switch thats been turned off.
You have black hair or black cars or black paint so called because well its black but why do we call black people black when they are brown,all answers gratefully taken on board.

Can some one help me out here please as im dimmer then a dimmer switch thats been turned off.
You have black hair or black cars or black paint so called because well its black but why do we call black people black when they are brown,all answers gratefully taken on board.

Sorry, can't help you, there has been a news black out here. Besides, if I had said a brown out some posters would have accused me of picking on Phil.

I would imagine it's because we see ourself as white, not a shade of pink and the opposite of white is black. If you go back in history it would had been the Romans who started the saying.

This can be a delicate subject so best left to an expert like....Tangled

I understand Orange is the new Black.Hope this helps.:winking:

similar point- there was a documentary on last week about tribes in the amazon and 'first contact' with the modern world .during the interviews a member of the tribes answer to a question was 'white man' . I dont know if this was a bad translation but it made me wonder why they called a white man 'white man' when according to the documentary this was their first encounter, and they could not understand any language apart from their own . So why did they refer to us as 'white man' and not 'pink man' etc.

similar point- there was a documentartu on last week about tribes in the amazon and 'first contact' with the modern world .during the interviews a member of the tribes answer to a question was 'white man' . I dont know if this was a bad translation but it made me wonmder why they called a white man 'white man' when according to the documentary this was their first encounter, and they could not understand any language apart from their own . So why did they refer to us as 'white man' and not 'pink man' etc.

Bad translation?

Back