• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lovely bloke, came along to our school fete today with Barry Corr, both keen to do what they could for our kids.[/QUOTE]
Did he have a kick around with the kids? If so did he manage to score at this level? If not was he instrumental in making intellegent passes that eventually led to an assist?
Before I am savaged by the Blair Sturrock Appreciation Society, this is said tongue in cheek.

Did he have a kick around with the kids? If so did he manage to score at this level? If not was he instrumental in making intellegent passes that eventually led to an assist?
Before I am savaged by the Blair Sturrock Appreciation Society, this is said tongue in cheek.
I'm told that he went in goal for the "Beat the Goalie" stall for a little while, and that is after I pointed out to them that our goalie might, in fact, be the one that lines up for GWR in a few days time! Blair's a decent guy, Barry had to leave after a while but Blair stayed on, it's so nice to have players that are keen to be involved with the local community and I'm all for that after the sanctions that were imposed in recent times. Blair and Craig have both supported a lot of stuff in the last year so I, for one, am glad to see the community involvement is still high on the agenda.

I would imagine the SZ sponsors and advertisers, in particular, are pleased he stays, as it guarantees another year of huge traffic, innumerble site hits, and heated arguments just because of an average, journeyman footballer.

I would imagine the SZ sponsors and advertisers, in particular, are pleased he stays, as it guarantees another year of huge traffic, innumerble site hits, and heated arguments just because of an average, journeyman footballer.
In terms of traffic is he in fourth position after Ron Martin in first, winding up orders in second, & Bart or Flavs in third?

Was also at Kents Hill Primary School's Summer Fete this afternoon - and had the pleasure of meeting the legend that is Blair Sturrock. Had a quick chat with him, a photo and he gave an autograph for my five month old son Ryan as well. Really nice guy - summary of our chat:

# He is still injured from the Moshi tackle in the last game of the season, and doesn't know when he'll be back.
# He said he has signed a season long contract, but is dependant on certain things to be renewed. Bit cagey.
# He is a Man United fan, as SAF managed his dad when playing for Scotland.
# His Dad's health is fine at the moment, and thinks that he could have managed at the highest level but for the Parkinsons. Kinda agree with that.
# Very good atmosphere at training.
# Doesn't know any of the new lads - but agrees that N'Dyaie (sic) is a monster and will avoid him in training ! !

2nd July.jpg

Would have had my son in the picture, but he was having his early afternoon nap...

I was just glad he didnt take a penalty at the beat the goalie stall, would have been a bit embarassing not beating a 9 yr old!! Fair play to Blair for being at KHJ fete, good for the community, had a long chat but struggled to comprehend because of the accent!! Main thing being Easton gone and he shopuldnt have been playing a lot after xmas as carrying mpre injuries than Barry Corr...

Yep, quite a few Blooz shirts, wish I'd worn mine!

The smell of fried onions, Rossi's ice cream and the sun shining with Blair the Cat in goal, who could ask for more

I was just glad he didnt take a penalty at the beat the goalie stall, would have been a bit embarassing not beating a 9 yr old!! Fair play to Blair for being at KHJ fete, good for the community, had a long chat but struggled to comprehend because of the accent!! Main thing being Easton gone and he shopuldnt have been playing a lot after xmas as carrying mpre injuries than Barry Corr...
The youngster that was in goal, is, in fact 11 and our school team GK.....the teacher who'd been in goal earlier crocked himself whilst trying to save from a very little one and has spent today limping round school!

Looks like a good profit on the day and positive reports all round :clap:

Why would he not have beaten a 9 yr old? So Blair can't take a penalty either now...I love how so called fans really get behind Southend players.....Blair actually scored the winning goal in the penalty shoot out in the early stages of the JPT against Gillingham

Was also at Kents Hill Primary School's Summer Fete this afternoon - and had the pleasure of meeting the legend that is Blair Sturrock. Had a quick chat with him, a photo and he gave an autograph for my five month old son Ryan as well...

An autograph? for a 5 month old? are you sure?

Back