• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bromley Blue

The artist formerly known as the_saafender
@SUFCRootsHall just tweeted that Blair Sturrock has signed a new deal.

Not sure what to make of this, good team player but doesn't have the goals in him. Just feel wages could be spent on another player.

Why did they have to put up his stats of 6 goals in 50 appearances?!

Good News indeed. Blair deserves a chance to show what he can do when he has a few better thinking players around him. I see Sturrock Snr using several different formations this year depending on the opposition and also more half-time changes of formation when things don't go to plan. Blair offers something different, brings other players into the game, holds the ball up well and could be an essential squad player. If he gets to play in a team with both Harris and Corr present expect him to chip in with more goals also.

if thats the case surprised he signed another contract with us, his only other choice was back to scotland i suppose.

He would of not had anywhere to go tomorrow as his contract was up today. Better for him to have some sort of deal with us than be out of work.

People complained about the squad not being deep enough last season - well here's a signing for depth.

I think he can have a small but significant role next season coming off the bench. Our bench was otherwise looking very inexperienced and lightweight. With his tactical and defensive awareness and ability to hold the ball up, Blair's the type of player Sturrock Snr will want to use especially away from home when we are under the cosh and trying to hang onto a lead (and the ball). Given that he also tired a lot towards the end of games, I think he'll benefit from a more reduced role leaving him fresher.

Good news, offers something different and with his intelligent thinking, having the chance to play with someone like Harris could see Harris getting more than his fair share of goals than without sturrock being in the squad. They should link up well together. Now all we need is a pacey striker to go with Sturrock, Corr and Harris whilst using Hall/Mohsni as an emergency striker. Send Crawford on a 1 month loan for match practice and then bring him back to cover when injurys and possible suspensions kick in. And send Asante out on loan until January to give him games.

Actually pleased he has signed a contract, whatever type of contract it is. is a decent technical player and as you say will be used sparingly next season. The report on the OS did make me laugh though. You think they would have made it just a tad longer

Good. With Corr and Harris plus one to come (Mr. Lisbie or Mr Johnson please......) having the likes of Blair as back up is fine by me. Works hard, holds it it up, I know he is not prolific but a more than adequate team player.

Increasingly confident we will keep nearly all of the key players from last year- stability with key quality improvement is a recipe for success

cheap squad player, i actually think on his day he brings a lot to the team, although when its not his day its not good. Pleased to get another piece of the squad jigsaw in place, a winger now and I believe thats it

Back