• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maldon Blues

Yeeeeeeellows
Despite being 4-1 up and cruising, Blair Sturrock is still greeting by boos from some in the South Upper when coming on as a late substitute.

I really do despair.

id rather idiots like that just did"nt turn up for games, if that was going on near me i would certainly approach the person and have to say something.

It wasn't just the South Upper, I was in the East Yellows today, and there were some boos coming from the blocks to my left as well. Bizarre really.

Mohsni was asked to see if he would go on but the game was fairly over, so he did a Tevez (lol!), so we ended up with Blair earning a quick £100 by getting on! Good show Bentley on his appearence though.

Heard booing to the right of and behind me, from the direction of the back of T block in the West. Some people are just idiots.

It doesn't bother me as much when it's kids. I remember when i was 16-17 and booed Ian Benjamin. Someone should have slapped me. What bothers me is when it's people who've watched enough football to know better.

It doesn't bother me as much when it's kids. I remember when i was 16-17 and booed Ian Benjamin. Someone should have slapped me. What bothers me is when it's people who've watched enough football to know better.

You booed Benji....I'd have slapped u.

glad to say I heard no booing in W, just clapping.

BUT - Moshi was 'asked' to come on. Am I missing the point, surely a manager tells a player on, or was it the games won, do you fancy a little run around and he said 'no its ok let someone else have a go' I assume its the latter

People behind me in row e block s all moaned when he come on.

Anyone see mohsni just stand by the corner flag most of the 2nd half? Was holding the flag out of hallys way when Phillips scored.

Whilst I don't like any Southend player being booed, I think that PS is getting very close to showing obvious bias towards his own son. With the improved squad he is very low down the pecking order and is struggling to justify a place on the bench when we have Lee Sawyer & Jemel Johnson unable to get on it. As for Moshni not coming on I am baffled - if he is unfit to come on why have him on the bench as he was the obvious substitution up front or if he refused ala Tevez (which I find hard to believe) then he should never play for us again.

Whilst I don't like any Southend player being booed, I think that PS is getting very close to showing obvious bias towards his own son. With the improved squad he is very low down the pecking order and is struggling to justify a place on the bench when we have Lee Sawyer & Jemel Johnson unable to get on it. As for Moshni not coming on I am baffled - if he is unfit to come on why have him on the bench as he was the obvious substitution up front or if he refused ala Tevez (which I find hard to believe) then he should never play for us again.

Tell me you're not serious!

Tell me you're not serious!
I think up he has definately given his own son more opportunities than some other players in the past, but now we are improving to a higher level of football and we have a number of good players waiting in the wings if he keeps picking his son for the bench/to come on, PS will have definately crossed the line. While some people might not like it, I can only see the booing/raising of eyebrows increasing. It's a shame as it's such a small issue, particularly if we sign Boli/another striker as he is unlikely to make the bench in the future and be offered out on loan.

Would have been ridiculous not to have a recognised striker on the bench (Mohsni is not a striker). Sturrock was right to put Blair on it, and with a few minutes left and a game on Tuesday, he's given a hard-working forward a rest with the team three goals up, and not risked a red card by bringing on an unbalanced maniac. Not sure why anyone was protesting.

I think up he has definately given his own son more opportunities than some other players in the past, but now we are improving to a higher level of football and we have a number of good players waiting in the wings if he keeps picking his son for the bench/to come on, PS will have definately crossed the line. While some people might not like it, I can only see the booing/raising of eyebrows increasing. It's a shame as it's such a small issue, particularly if we sign Boli/another striker as he is unlikely to make the bench in the future and be offered out on loan.

I cannot see any conspiracy theory in giving a player who is low down in the pecking order a 5 minute run out at the end of a dead game. If we were losing by a single goal I could understand your stance on this but imagine the fury that would erupt if Moshni had come on and got injured, booked or sent off

Are you serious? Sturrock hasn't made a first team appearance for the last few games starting or coming on. If the manager was bias surely starting him or guaranteeing him coming off the bench could be clased as bias but even that should be classed on merrit. Sturrock is a striker that is capable of seeing the game out when we are winning, therefor a useful sub to have. Last week when we were not winning dis Sturrock come on? No, it was Mohsni as the type of situation was different to yesterday. Also when and if Barr Corr comes back Sturrock and Hall playing off him last season was superb and whilst Sturrock didnt get many goals himself without him the team, and particularly Corr and Hall would not have got as many. To have Sawyer on the bench instead of him would be stupid as we already had Grant and Leonard (pushing Timlin into the middle) on the bench that would get on before him anyway. I bet you are one of the ***** that boo him.

Back