• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blair Sturrock, Yes or No?

Should we give a trial to Blair Sturrock ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
I really hope it's not true that he is giving his son Blair a trial. He's signed him before. He's hardly going to say sorry son you failed the trial. It's basically looking after your own, but it's a waste of salary to the club. These things normally don't work out as the father always over rates his own son. The classic case was Dave Webb and Daniel Webb. In some cases it does no good for team spirit as some players see the son as a bit of a spy for the father.
If the son is a cracking good player I have no problem. But Blair Sturrock has a Emile Heskey type of scoring record as a striker, we don't need another one of those as you can't win promotion without your strikers scoring plenty of goals.
He's had Nine different clubs, and has a truly dreadful strike rate.

So it's a big no from me.

Having seen him a few times and thinking he was c*ck i really hope we are not going to sign him. Strikers is the only position we can actually cover with the players we currently have under contract so i hope signing a new keeper and defenders will be priority.

Has he already been spied at training then or is this the "surprise" PS promised for the supporters at Dartford tonight?

I've been saying NO to the Blair Sturrock Project since about an hour after the Tilson news broke.

Makes Drewe look like an international striker...............Big no from me, as has already been said we have plenty (ish) strikers here at the moment..

Always thought he was **** and had a career off his bad's back.... but I am ready to be proved wrong when he bangs in 20 and we win the league ;)

We don't need any forwards end of.

I think we could do with another one. We have Corr, Spencer (not signed new contract yet), Paterson, Crawford (youngster) and Laurent (prefers to play on the wing). But goalkeeper and defence are certainly the priorities and I don't want Blair Sturrock. Keep your son out of it, Paul.

He's scored 30 goals in 223 league appearances for his Nine clubs. He is currently at Truro City.
That's I goal in 7.43 games.

We are supposed to be aiming for promotion. Does he look the type that is going to get over 20 goals in a maximium of 46 games.

Never seen the guy play I don't think... stats don't tell the whole story, but he doesn't exactly look decent on paper!

Never seen him play and the stats don't look good, but you never know in football.

Always thought he was **** and had a career off his bad's back.... but I am ready to be proved wrong when he bangs in 20 and we win the league ;)

Anyone playing football with a bad back needs to consider their options. The lad could cause himself serious harm.

an even better example was frank lampard jnr at west ham. was the weakest midfield player week in week out yet he always started and was hardly ever subbed off! disgraceful but when your old man and uncle are the management team that is not going to be called a surprise is it?

Back