• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yes - but for 100% of the games he plays!?!

What do you mean by 100% of the games he plays? Of course at some point he's going to play a ball backwards in every game. You show me a footballer that hasn't?

If what you really meant is that 100% of all his passes are backwards then you're obviously wrong.

What do you mean by 100% of the games he plays? Of course at some point he's going to play a ball backwards in every game. You show me a footballer that hasn't?

If what you really meant is that 100% of all his passes are backwards then you're obviously wrong.

No, he does not play all the time the way you've suggested, in fact he more often than not has a role he cannot fulfill; thus he ends up having the ONLY role (he can do) of a player that can hold the ball up! When in fact we have far better strikers & midfielders whom can do this AND so much more!

Lol go figure!!!!!!

Blair provides us with another option and from where I'm standing I don't seem to see too many of those at the moment.

Unfortunately it's goals we need at this crucial stage of the season. Don't score, we can't win.
Trouble with Blair is that he always seems to face away from the goal, that leads to about 95% of his passes being sideways or backwards.

No, he does not play all the time the way you've suggested, in fact he more often than not has a role he cannot fulfill; thus he ends up having the ONLY role (he can do) of a player that can hold the ball up! When in fact we have far better strikers & midfielders whom can do this AND so much more!

Lol go figure!!!!!!

Why not answer the question? You haven't explained what you meant by 100% of the games he played. However, from what you've written you seem to acknowledge that you were wrong without explicitly saying so.

Why not answer the question? You haven't explained what you meant by 100% of the games he played. However, from what you've written you seem to acknowledge that you were wrong without explicitly saying so.

Thought pilots have intelligence too lol!
If his only attribute is to hold the ball up 100% of the time then he isnt worth having when we have far better players!
Stay with me now; I hope he scores over 20 goals a season but he hasn't, I hope he has over 50 assists but he hasn't, so I guess he can hold the ball up! Well done Blair!!!!!!!!!!

Predictable passer of the ball (generally backwards), can't take anyone on, no pace. We have alot of better strikers & midfielders so I have no idea where he would fit in - over to his father then..........

A very accurate assessment! Nepotism is alive and well!

Thank you lol

I guess if you think/list from our best striker to our least, I would say there would be alot of names above his!
Although my season card buds still make me chant for him while he warms up haha!!!
Boom, boom, boom!

Blair seems another player in the squad who splits opinion. Personally I would start him with Harris on Saturday but appreciate many would disagree.

Unfortunately it's goals we need at this crucial stage of the season. Don't score, we can't win.
Trouble with Blair is that he always seems to face away from the goal, that leads to about 95% of his passes being sideways or backwards.

I'd rather he play it sideways and backwards and 90% of the time retain possession and get men further forward, instead of hit an aimless long ball forward when there's one player up there and either lose possession straight away or immediately lose the battle for the second ball. We might not score if the ball goes sideways or backwards but if the other team don't have the ball, they ain't doing anything!

The thing is, when we have players who hold on to the ball and pass sideways and backwards they are negative or crabs. When we have players who get it forward quickly they are hoofers.

We have alot of better strikers & midfielders so I have no idea where he would fit in - over to his father then..........
Well, bearing in mind Corr and Dickinson are out for the season, Mohsni has probably played his last game for us and Sampson is seemingly crocked every other week I'd say Blair is third or fourth in the pecking order at the moment and therefore worth keeping hold of for now. Admittedly I haven't seen Flood play yet.

In addition, with Leonard out for the season and, again, Mohsni probably not an option anymore, Blair is an option out wide as well, where he did a decent job last season. People have been moaning about hoofball this season far more than last season, and that's largely because the holding up of the ball was much better then. I don't think anyone sees Blair as a world-beater but he's a good squad player and still at the club on merit, in my opinion.

I can't be bothered to read the rest of this thread. I suspect it contains the normal whining about Blair having the cheek to be related to the manager. Apologies if I'm wrong.

Anyway, I suggest that Blair would have been a useful sub at Plymouth and at home to Accrington (probably other games that I can't remember, too). He holds the ball up as well as anyone, and may well have helped to see those games out. I like him...so there.

Thought pilots have intelligence too lol!
If his only attribute is to hold the ball up 100% of the time then he isnt worth having when we have far better players!
Stay with me now; I hope he scores over 20 goals a season but he hasn't, I hope he has over 50 assists but he hasn't, so I guess he can hold the ball up! Well done Blair!!!!!!!!!!

Firstly, grow up.

Secondly, once again, please prove to me that Blair holds the ball up 100% of the time.

I can't be bothered to read the rest of this thread. I suspect it contains the normal whining about Blair having the cheek to be related to the manager. Apologies if I'm wrong.

Anyway, I suggest that Blair would have been a useful sub at Plymouth and at home to Accrington (probably other games that I can't remember, too). He holds the ball up as well as anyone, and may well have helped to see those games out. I like him...so there.

Totally agree - not a prolific goalscorer but an intelligent player who brings the midfielders into play well. Happy to have him on board still

Back