• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If a lot of the fans who come on this site were responsible for picking the team I do not know who we would play, well certainly not an eleven.
Apparently;
Morris - off form and a liability
Gilbert - no talent and a liability
Prosser - average and a liability
Barker - below par and needed dropping
Mohsni - poor temperament and a liability
Timlin - below par and a liability
Ferdinand - all hype and not good enough
Dickinson - cant head, cant hold it up and often not enough from him.
Harris - beyond his sell by date
Blair - one trick pony only here through nepotism
Kalalalalala - poor
Sampson - sicknote and inexperienced

I am sure there are more that get the usual slating. From what I can see on here the only popular side would be Hall, Sawyer, Clohessey, possibly Benyon, Bentley in goal because the poor lamb deserves a shot and....? oh, maybe Hills. So thats 5-6 players. We'll win the league fielding that Lol. Too many of the players are harshly criticised IMHO.

If a lot of the fans who come on this site were responsible for picking the team I do not know who we would play, well certainly not an eleven.
Apparently;
Morris - off form and a liability
Gilbert - no talent and a liability
Prosser - average and a liability
Barker - below par and needed dropping
Mohsni - poor temperament and a liability
Timlin - below par and a liability
Ferdinand - all hype and not good enough
Dickinson - cant head, cant hold it up and often not enough from him.
Harris - beyond his sell by date
Blair - one trick pony only here through nepotism
Kalalalalala - poor
Sampson - sicknote and inexperienced

I am sure there are more that get the usual slating. From what I can see on here the only popular side would be Hall, Sawyer, Clohessey, possibly Benyon, Bentley in goal because the poor lamb deserves a shot and....? oh, maybe Hills. So thats 5-6 players. We'll win the league fielding that Lol. Too many of the players are harshly criticised IMHO.

Blimey we are doing awfully well for a team with so many liabilities.

I really don't see why people are getting so worked up about Blair Sturrock this contract extension is for about 7 weeks FFS, and maybe about 2-3 if we are in the play offs.

Blimey we are doing awfully well for a team with so many liabilities.

I really don't see why people are getting so worked up about Blair Sturrock this contract extension is for about 7 weeks FFS, and maybe about 2-3 if we are in the play offs.
Exactly. the team is better than a lot of people give it credit and for what its worth I rate Blair.

i'd rather have the Blair option than the Barry Corr option at the moment tbh.

Okay, I'll concede Blair may be slightly better than someone with a chronic and possibly career-ending injury.
If Blair Sturrock is the answer, I hate to think what the question is.

Incredible reaction! Hilarious in fact!
Honest professional who doesn't believe he is the dogs, he works hard, holds the ball up well, plays others into the game and he scored 7 last year which isnt actually that bad for a play maker!
Some of you just do not understand what his role is, sure you might want 2 goal scoring strikers!
But sometimes strikers aren't just played to score, however mad that sounds its a fact, sometimes strikers are used to defend in the opponents half, a prime example of this is Robbie Keane (I think for Spurs?) who was played as a defensive striker who closed down in the opponents half and held up play!
You really do need to realise that football isn't as easy as writing down 11 names on a sheet!
Blair isn't our best player, no, but he is useful in certain situations!

Honest professional who doesn't believe he is the dogs, he works hard, holds the ball up well, plays others into the game and he scored 7 last year which isnt actually that bad for a play maker!
Some of you just do not understand what his role is, sure you might want 2 goal scoring strikers!
But sometimes strikers aren't just played to score, however mad that sounds its a fact, sometimes strikers are used to defend in the opponents half, a prime example of this is Robbie Keane (I think for Spurs?) who was played as a defensive striker who closed down in the opponents half and held up play!
You really do need to realise that football isn't as easy as writing down 11 names on a sheet!

Well said Dave

That's all very well Dave, but at the end of the day, you can't win games without someone putting the ball in the net. At the moment we are missing Mohsni with Eight goals even tho he played in only about half the games and in different positions. Phillips and Hall haven't scored for a while, as with the midfield with a few goals coming from Timlin and Ferdinand,, that's dried up as well. With top scorer Dicko out and Benyon with just One goal in Ten games is it, Harris very in and out, then surely even you, the most optimistic person on here can concede that we need a goal scorer, and not a tippy tappy forward come midfield player that hardly ever gets in the box, the only place he can score from.

I suppose it is unfortunate the 'certain situations' this player is useful in just aren't happening. Let's hope when we have a 3 nil lead he can come on but we have to score goals from somewhere first!

Okay, I'll concede Blair may be slightly better than someone with a chronic and possibly career-ending injury.
If Blair Sturrock is the answer, I hate to think what the question is.

Err... "What's the name of the Southend Manager Paul Sturrock's son who is a professional footballer?"

Can we lay off Blair. Get behind everyone for the run-in.

Here here.

I have opinions about certain players but I wont boo them at games & I'll try to be as objective as possible on here, but end of the day SUFC is my club & all it's players have my support for the greater good.

I'd rather he play it sideways and backwards and 90% of the time retain possession and get men further forward, instead of hit an aimless long ball forward when there's one player up there and either lose possession straight away or immediately lose the battle for the second ball. We might not score if the ball goes sideways or backwards but if the other team don't have the ball, they ain't doing anything!

Well said that man ,I totally agree

Blair looked a good player alongside Corr last year(but then pretty much anybody would have).His relative lack of first team appearances this season(and that goes for BBBC too) may well be a factor in our improved league position this time around (IMO).

I think you're missing onceknownasarabs point mate. They aren't his opinions... that's the result of what many on here think.

Back