• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Surprised he wasn't snapped up because he isn't ineligible for Europe.

I am pleased Blair has signed - think he has been missed - holds the ball up well and brings others into the game. If he was our only option in front of goal then we would have a problem but he isnt and so on that basis I see him as an asset.

More inane and sarcastic comments about Blair Sturrock. He was my MOM on Tuesday. Given recent performances of our 'so-called' goalscorers, we couldn't do any worse than give him a start. I think others would play much better with him in the side.

Just to clarify I'm a big fan on Blair's, and think he's a useful player for us.

More inane and sarcastic comments about Blair Sturrock. He was my MOM on Tuesday. Given recent performances of our 'so-called' goalscorers, we couldn't do any worse than give him a start. I think others would play much better with him in the side.

in a reserve game with a 38 year old playing and youth team players ?

I believe Blair played centre-mid in the reserve game and by all accounts did well. I think it's possible he may start there on Saturday bearing in mind Ferdinand struggles in a two-man central midfield and I'm not sure Leo Sayer has the discipline to play in that role. Having said that, my hunch is we'll play a narrow three with the latter two alongside Timlin.

I'm a Blair fan but see this as pretty pointless. Especially if Vine was to sign.

I thought this happened in January, when his previous deal expired.

I believe Blair played centre-mid in the reserve game and by all accounts did well. I think it's possible he may start there on Saturday bearing in mind Ferdinand struggles in a two-man central midfield and I'm not sure Leo Sayer has the discipline to play in that role. Having said that, my hunch is we'll play a narrow three with the latter two alongside Timlin.
:stunned: :stunned: :stunned:

Negatives: No pace, lacks composure in front of goal, poor goal soring return

Positives : Great vision, brings others in to the game, good footballing brain, hard working

.......sounds like we could have the new Kevin Maher

Predictable passer of the ball (generally backwards), can't take anyone on, no pace. We have alot of better strikers & midfielders so I have no idea where he would fit in - over to his father then..........

Positives : Great vision, UNLESS IT'S 8 YARDS WIDE AND PAINTED WHITE
brings others in to the game, IT'S CALLED PASSING
good footballing brain, BUT CRAP FOOTBALLING FEET
hard working, THE EASY BIT

.......sounds like we could have the new Kevin Maher

Don't get me started. play offs it is then.

Predictable passer of the ball (generally backwards), can't take anyone on, no pace. We have alot of better strikers & midfielders so I have no idea where he would fit in - over to his father then..........

If you're playing up front as the furthest player forward, holding the ball up and bringing others into play it's not really surprising that you either have to play the ball backwards or sideways.

If you're playing up front as the furthest player forward, holding the ball up and bringing others into play it's not really surprising that you either have to play the ball backwards or sideways.
Beat me to it. :thumbsup:

Back