• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blatter in sexism charge

Napster

No ⭐
Fifa boss in plea for tighter shorts - for women

Fifa President Sepp Blatter says female soccer players should wear tighter shorts to promote "a more female aesthetic".

He said they should have a skimpier kit to increase the popularity of the game.

He said: "Let the women play in more feminine clothes like they do in volleyball.

"They could, for example, have tighter shorts. Female players are pretty, if you excuse me for saying so, and they already have some different rules to men - such as playing with a lighter ball.

"That decision was taken to create a more female aesthetic, so why not do it in fashion?"

But Blatter's comments have outraged female footballers, reports The Guardian. Pauline Cope, the England and Charlton goalkeeper, said the comments were "typical of a bloke".

"He doesn't know what he is talking about. We don't use a lighter ball for one thing, and to say we should play football in hot pants is plain ridiculous," she said.

Fulham manager Marieanne Spacey said Blatter's views were harmful.

She said: "Surely it's about skill and tactical ability first and how people look second. Ten years ago we did play in tighter shorts. Nobody paid attention then."

Norwegian player Lise Klaveness said hot pants didn't suit serious sport.

She added: "As footballers we have to think practically. If the crowd only wants to come and watch models then they should go and buy a copy of Playboy."

I can't see the problem with this personally - but only if the rule applies to the male football players of the world too. I would love to see Freddie Ljungberg or David Beckham in tighter shorts!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Going by the women footballers iv'e ever met, I think I'd rather see David Bekham in tighter shorts...he would certainly look more feminine  
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ Jan. 16 2004,20:31)]Sepp Blatter's a tw*t!

It's about football not the way they look.
Get real.

Who wants to watch women play football for the football?
I would rather mow the garden than that. If one team played topless you could all but guarantee a rise (no pun intended) in attendance. The only interesting thing about womens football, for me, is the film Bend it like Beckham, which was quite good.

I have nothing against anyone playing football but don't try and tell me people take it seriously.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Jan. 16 2004,11:57)]and to say we should play football in hot pants is plain ridiculous,"
No, it's a great idea.
biggrin.gif

Back