• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blatter on race hate!

mrsblue

Banned
I agree with him:stunned:.

Pointless fining or even forcing these clubs to play behind closed doors,They need to be banned from European competitions indefinitely until such times as their supporters cease their behaviour .

Both Russia and Oman should never have beeen awarded the W orld cup finals,The racial slurs players getting from the people in Russia just goes to prove how corrupt Fifa is to have awarded them the World Cup finals.Mr Blatter if you really are serious about stopping the racial taunts in football then take the World CUp finals off of them ,make an example of them and show the world you really are serious.Im sure England and many other countries would do a better job anyway.

They are well behind the western world arent they.

On the flip side, holding the world cup there can actually be used to promote change and help improve their mindsets...

Both Russia and Oman should never have beeen awarded the W orld cup finals,The racial slurs players getting from the people in Russia just goes to prove how corrupt Fifa is to have awarded them the World Cup finals.Mr Blatter if you really are serious about stopping the racial taunts in football then take the World CUp finals off of them ,make an example of them and show the world you really are serious.Im sure England and many other countries would do a better job anyway.

and I thought that Qatar was bad! :dim:

Qatar won't be much better. One of 79 countries to sanction the execution of gay people at the United Nations... After the world votes the London Olympics as the best ever, we still get overlooked for hosting the World Cup for a game that we actually invented by a corrupt congress, headed up by a bloke who doesn't know his arse from his elbow. Absolutely drives me barmy.

Qatar won't be much better. One of 79 countries to sanction the execution of gay people at the United Nations... After the world votes the London Olympics as the best ever, we still get overlooked for hosting the World Cup for a game that we actually invented by a corrupt congress, headed up by a bloke who doesn't know his arse from his elbow. Absolutely drives me barmy.

The vote to host the World Cups in 2018 and 2022 was held long before the London Olympics, but even if it wasn't we wouldn't have stood a chance of securing it. We could pitch the perfect event and tick all the requisite boxes, but as long as we accuse FIFA ExCo members of corruption and campaign for their removal, we're never going to deemed worthy hosts in the eyes of the governing body.

We're not very good at making friends and wooing the right people, and it's a sad fact that that's equally, if not more important than pitching for the tournament in the first place. We're caught in this bizarre limbo, stuck between demanding action against FIFA, but while hitching our skirts up in the hope of being taken for a ride (and what a ride FIFA gets from tournament hosts. Tax free haven for the duration of the tournament).

We simply can't do both. You either (rightfully, IMO) campaign vehemently for a transparent, IOC-like organisation, or you cosy up to them in order to stand a chance of hosting a World Cup. If you took a straw poll, I'd hazard a guess that the majority would rather host the tournament, and that's true across the world.

Oh, and if you think Sepp Blatter's corrupt, just wait until Platini claws his way to power in a few years' time.

The vote to host the World Cups in 2018 and 2022 was held long before the London Olympics, but even if it wasn't we wouldn't have stood a chance of securing it. We could pitch the perfect event and tick all the requisite boxes, but as long as we accuse FIFA ExCo members of corruption and campaign for their removal, we're never going to deemed worthy hosts in the eyes of the governing body.

We're not very good at making friends and wooing the right people, and it's a sad fact that that's equally, if not more important than pitching for the tournament in the first place. We're caught in this bizarre limbo, stuck between demanding action against FIFA, but while hitching our skirts up in the hope of being taken for a ride (and what a ride FIFA gets from tournament hosts. Tax free haven for the duration of the tournament).

We simply can't do both. You either (rightfully, IMO) campaign vehemently for a transparent, IOC-like organisation, or you cosy up to them in order to stand a chance of hosting a World Cup. If you took a straw poll, I'd hazard a guess that the majority would rather host the tournament, and that's true across the world.

Oh, and if you think Sepp Blatter's corrupt, just wait until Platini claws his way to power in a few years' time.
I couldnt agree more ESB well said.

You are right in what you say BUT the corruption goes much deeper than the "tip of the iceberg" that are getting accused; and I am sure large parts of the IOC are no better. And I am also sure that Platini will be no worse BUT neither will he be better for us as he is likely to be another anti England, chip on his shoulder, Gaul. Also he is not going to shake up the base of the very people who are lining his pockets.

Platini wants 40 teams competing at the finals,The man is an idiot considering the qualifying stage consists of very low ranked countries who are only there for 2 reasons revenue and to be thrashed!,Time to have a qualifying stage for the minnows who progress to the actual qualifying group stage,The likes of San Marino and co should not be playing the bigger nations every year IMO.The recent England v Moldova was all in all a training session with the Moldovans content to sit back in the hope of keeping the score down,The paying punter shells out the cash to watch this type of match which is nothing more than a complete rip off,Fair enough if the FA were charging a tenner for the best seats and a couple of quid for the cheaper stalls..But they don't.

My suggestion would be similar to the FA Cup and FA Vase in that the small nations (under 5 million?) compete in the World Vase Trophy. Maybe the finalists could then get World Cup spots.

My suggestion would be similar to the FA Cup and FA Vase in that the small nations (under 5 million?) compete in the World Vase Trophy. Maybe the finalists could then get World Cup spots.

Would be hard on the fans, as this would inevitably increase travelling and subsequently costs due to limitations you'd be putting on their potential opponents. It could also see several footballing associations disband, and countries lose out on their national side due to lack of income from big money spinning qualifiers and loss of interest from fans due to expensive unattractive long distance matches. Just because they are a little nation, doesn't mean they should be disadvantaged in not being able to be involved in their own continents qualifiers, or the worlds biggest competitions.

Also, I reckon countries like Uruguay, Ireland, Norway, Croatia etc would be pretty unhappy at being dumped in the World Vase Trophy.

You are right in what you say BUT the corruption goes much deeper than the "tip of the iceberg" that are getting accused; and I am sure large parts of the IOC are no better. And I am also sure that Platini will be no worse BUT neither will he be better for us as he is likely to be another anti England, chip on his shoulder, Gaul. Also he is not going to shake up the base of the very people who are lining his pockets.

Tip of the iceberg? UK journalists have accused the likes of Blatter, Havelange and Jack Warner of corruption in the past... FIFA figures don't tend to come more senior than that. The IOC has had its scandal and used it as a platform from which to renovate and modernise. Today's IOC operates with as much transparency as possible, and should be a model for FIFA to emulate.

Back