• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blocked Drains

dloman

Manager
Every year or sometimes twice or maybe three times a year, i have to get the drain rods out and unblock our main ones. Now what really gets my goat doing this, well apart from the obvious smell and general literal **** you have to deal with, is this.

It is not my drains that are blocked!! In a row of three houses ours is the first in the line thus having the shallowest, so guess what? Any blockage hits us first. Now in their wisdom a few years back our next door but one neighbours decided to put a swimming pool in and reroute the drains around this. This constantly leads to washing powder mainly congealing on this bend and blocking said drains.

Now i know this is not my responsablilty but as i said it hits us first and i have rods! Also they have now moved to Australia (not because of the smell i hope) an a couple are renting their place and have no idea of the problems. Also in between us is an empty house so it leaves it upto me every bloody year to do it!

No reason for posting this other than just to let out some anger before i tackle this.

Oh, forgot to add my rods are in my garage, not a problem normally but i have accumilated so much junk in there over the past 9 months that i am actually going to have totally clean it out just to find them.

* count to ten and dream of a happy place *

Last edited:
I share a drain with my neighbour and I had to get someone round to clear the drains, turned out the blockage was coming from next door's wife flushing her 'ladies pads' down the toilet. That was a fun conversation.......

If there is a 90 degree bend on the drain run then it should have a manhole there.
Not wanting to out do you in the poo stakes but i have a spetic tank which was backing up a couple of months ago.
So i open the baby up and it is solid poo,4ft thick,now this is not right as it should be water at the top and the poo drops to the bottom.So i put a bucket on a pole and dig some holes in the garden and scoop out 3 years worth of poo,put it in a wheelbarrow and walk it across the road and down the garden,lovely half a day spent with our bottom waste.
Get some ramrod chemical unblocker and stick it down your nieghbours drain,good luck and happy rodding.

Back