• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blog: Luton and John Still

Medway Blue

Living on the Island of Relevancy ⭐

A really good and well-written blog by a former loanee during Luton's Conference title-winning season.

Some parallels in there with our situation, and a story about how new ownership and lifting of toxicity can really transform a club and its fortunes.

Some good stuff on John Still too, which reinforces my belief that losing him would be on a par with losing the management team. That's before you even get onto the breadth of his scouting network that we'd lose.

Not sure your right there? I mean was he even employed before stan came knocking? He's lucky to be at southend like all our coached are ! Anyone who's unhappy knows what they can do!
Sometimes Steve, you are very ungrateful for what we do have that is good. The one consolation, you views are not shared by many.

Not sure your right there? I mean was he even employed before stan came knocking? He's lucky to be at southend like all our coached are ! Anyone who's unhappy knows what they can do!
Wasnt it said he was employed by D & R, No matter im just happy we have him and his scouting network at Southend and to be honest we should all feel blessed that we have, ,The one positive we have going for us and it will save the new owners ( yes i said new owners because i believe we will have new owners ) a bit of money is our backroom staff as that is solid and professional .New owners shouldnt need to replace them. The board of directors yes but hopefully there will be a seat on it for a knowledgeable and well educated person from the Trust etc .

Perhaps thats for you Shrimpet _Steve you seem to be very knowledgeable and well edumacated.

i did not think he was employed with southend to be honest ,i thought he has a scouting freelance

Luton are really not a prem club .There ground is far to small .And all i can see is they will be next seasons whipping boys . i wish them all the best they are going toi need it .

Back