• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bloke still suing dry cleaners for millions

Up the Shrimpers

Life President
That bloke in America is still trying to sue a dry cleaners for losing his trousers, I think the claim is upto $67million. The sign at the dry cleaners stated "Satisfaction Guaranteed" and "Same Day Service".

Now back in the early 1980's Southend had a slogan 'Be delighted, Be exicted, watch Southend United'.

I'm going to sue Southend United because during the 1982/3 season I was not excited or delighted.:D

That bloke in America is still trying to sue a dry cleaners for losing his trousers, I think the claim is upto $67million. The sign at the dry cleaners stated "Satisfaction Guaranteed" and "Same Day Service".

Now back in the early 1980's Southend had a slogan 'Be delighted, Be exicted, watch Southend United'.

I'm going to sue Southend United because during the 1982/3 season I was not excited or delighted.:D

:hilarious: :hilarious:

That's just ridiculous...$67million! For a pair of trousers! Were they lined with pure gold? :thump:

:hilarious: :hilarious:

That's just ridiculous...$67million! For a pair of trousers! Were they lined with pure gold? :thump:

This is the "if it moves sue, if it doesn't sue anyway" that is o so prevelent in America ... and you'll notice it creeping in over here. My firm has recently been taken over by Septics, and the H&S rules that are already in place are just ridiculous.. you can't even fart without carrying out a risk assesment first :fury:

The guy doing the suing is saying that their slogan of "Satisfaction Guaranteed" is misleading, and therefore he is suing them not for his trousers, but for every transaction they have executed since the cleaners opened. How they have anything to do with him is beyond me.

What is even worse, this guy is a judge!

people trying to take others to the cleaners for no real reason dryvs me mad.....:mad:

Back