• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bloody Franchise

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
MK is selected as one of the host citys for Englands world cup bid - I hate everything to do with that town and that team its another blow for football scum scum scum scum scum scum scum scum

Yeah but you going to be up there in 2018? lol

haven't got any plans not to be at the moment.

It's all kicking off because Hillsborough was chosen over Bramall Lane. Bramall Lane is probably the closest to being suitable for the WC, but SWFC have promised some major works on Hillsborough to bring it up to scratch. Plus being slightly out of the city probably helps, and Hillsborough Park will be a great Fan Party as well

haven't got any plans not to be at the moment.

It's all kicking off because Hillsborough was chosen over Bramall Lane. Bramall Lane is probably the closest to being suitable for the WC, but SWFC have promised some major works on Hillsborough to bring it up to scratch. Plus being slightly out of the city probably helps, and Hillsborough Park will be a great Fan Party as well

Speaking of which the derbys just been put back a day and 1pm kick off

yep, and rightly so... it's a pretty hostile derby.

Whats the divide like in the city mate? is it like Manchester where most Mancunians support city or something?

Having read the book Blade Business Crew and Flying with the Owls Crime squad you get two VERY different takes on it.

Whats the divide like in the city mate? is it like Manchester where most Mancunians support city or something?

Having read the book Blade Business Crew and Flying with the Owls Crime squad you get two VERY different takes on it.

I think it's pretty deep mate. I dunno what the crews are like, but a lot of spikey banter flies around. Regularly seen scraps between owls and blades on the 6-a-side pitch. Generally Blades are seen as the rich persons team and the Owls are more for the working class, historically anyway... the divide is very 50/50 in the city I'd say. Derby day is a massive deal and all the city get up for it.

one thing is that Sheffield is football and sport mad, there's loads of football history up here and everyone is opinionated. One of the first things I was asked by an old dear on the reception here at work was who I supported. When I said Southend she said "good, they play in blue like the owls".

To be fair it will be an impressive stadium when it's finished but then Milton Keynes is the most dreary, hollow, concrete back on the planet and I don't see why it beat Leicester, Hull and Derby, all three of whom have bigger stadiums.

No sign of Fossets Farm then. Disgraceful.

To be fair it will be an impressive stadium when it's finished but then Milton Keynes is the most dreary, hollow, concrete back on the planet and I don't see why it beat Leicester, Hull and Derby, all three of whom have bigger stadiums.

Hull would be the only place worse than MK!

I think it's pretty deep mate. I dunno what the crews are like, but a lot of spikey banter flies around. Regularly seen scraps between owls and blades on the 6-a-side pitch. Generally Blades are seen as the rich persons team and the Owls are more for the working class, historically anyway... the divide is very 50/50 in the city I'd say. Derby day is a massive deal and all the city get up for it.

one thing is that Sheffield is football and sport mad, there's loads of football history up here and everyone is opinionated. One of the first things I was asked by an old dear on the reception here at work was who I supported. When I said Southend she said "good, they play in blue like the owls".

ESB Football History Fact #138.

Sheffield Wednesday were formed, and called such, because a factory in the city wanted to organise a team for the unity of the workforce but most worked on the Saturday as well. They could only play on the Wednesday evening and formed Sheffield Wednesday as a result. Part of the reason why Wednesday are considered as the working class club of Sheffield is because of their factory roots.

I love people who slag off Milton Keynes, I mean really do you know what the city has to offer?

I'd probably say one of the best places to bring a family up in the UK.

Back