• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bloody Kids

Firestorm

Pedant
1979 Film. Got the DVD yesterday, anyone else seen it.

Shot entirely in Southend, references early on about going to the match saturday, Splendid exterior shots of the old Southbank and the East stand , One of the main characters wheres a Southend Scarf throughout...but tbh a crap film

I remember the camera man shooting us fans as we were going in and out of a game, and later finding out it was for a film.
Never seen the film tho.

I saw it on BBC2 a couple of years ago. Pretty pants film but was interesting seeing Southend before I remember it (I was born in 1978).

Yeah thats the film with Cassandra in it from only fools and horses and the bloke from Auf Wiedersehen Pet. Has been mentioned a few times on here before. They take the kid the wrong way out the ground & also pass by chalkwell park to get to Southend Hospital!

Some of the best bits are the Ford Capri? or might be a Cortina driving down the High Street around the Keddies glass display things and also driving around Victoria Shopping centre.

I think most of the seafront scenes were shot in Canvey although there are some bits in the Rossi's place along the seafront which still looks the same today.

Yeah thats the film with Cassandra in it from only fools and horses and the bloke from Auf Wiedersehen Pet. Has been mentioned a few times on here before. They take the kid the wrong way out the ground & also pass by chalkwell park to get to Southend Hospital!

Some of the best bits are the Ford Capri? or might be a Cortina driving down the High Street around the Keddies glass display things and also driving around Victoria Shopping centre.

Thats exactly what we picked up on last night !!!

I think most of the seafront scenes were shot in Canvey although there are some bits in the Rossi's place along the seafront which still looks the same today.

The Cop car takes the kid along the front of the east stand towards the South Bank (where there is no way out) the next shot is past Chalkwell park, then alongthe seafron by the arches and finally into the hospital !

The Aufweiderehn Pet bloke was Gary Holman (former lead singer of the Heavy Metal Kids as well) Jesse Birdsall (Eldorado) and Gary Oldman .
Both Gary's are now dead

BTW it was a Cortina and there were some great shots of Feilds the old clothes shop

The Cop car takes the kid along the front of the east stand towards the South Bank (where there is no way out) the next shot is past Chalkwell park, then alongthe seafron by the arches and finally into the hospital !

The Aufweiderehn Pet bloke was Gary Holman (former lead singer of the Heavy Metal Kids as well) Jesse Birdsall (Eldorado) and Gary Oldman .
Both Gary's are now dead

BTW it was a Cortina and there were some great shots of Feilds the old clothes shop

Gary Oldman isnt dead is he? Unless I'm thinking of the more famous one?!

Yes - remember it vaguely from the time. Two kids I knew were in the gang featured, ie Jez Millbank and Andy Lewis. Can't remember a great deal about it though.

Remember it well. Tis my school in that - Furtherwick park on Canvey - ah the memories!

Back