• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bloody teachers

Teachers put in more hours than anyone else. have you ever tried to mark 30 English Language homeworks? They are totally hamstrung. LibDems want class sizes of 20 as opposed to 30. OK so why keep closing schools? Where are they going to get 50% extra teachers from?

Don't spout crap unless you can substantiate your "evidence". Teacher's pay is national rate. Some affluent areas in the UK (hence high property prices) cannot pay enough for teachers to live locally. Fact.

Just out of curiosity, who are the 2 unions who wanna go on strike about this? I've heard about this, but they never said on the radio earlier who they were.

Oh and RM, I do agree with making class sizes down to 20. Some classes i've got, there are more than 30 in them, so it does take a lot out of you.

Think you'll find it's 13 weeks. I'm a teacher and i'm not even going to start defending the profession because a) i'll get a load of stick back off people and b) i'm in bed ill atm!

Blimey 13 weeks and still have to skive, havent you just had Easter!?

What I love is my daughter always has an extra day off due to teacher training after each holiday.

Why cant they do that in the holiday period?

No they don't, the time is spent preparing the paperwork for the children that have left the year/school and the new ones coming in. You really have no idea, do you?
It's not a 8 to 4 job. PTA meetings, OFSTED inspections, Governor's meetings are all in the teacher's own time, forwhich no overtime is paid. A 16-hour day is standard. Try it,then come back and moan.

"School Holidays" just mean the that the teaching staff are not compelled to attend the workplace - their prep' work is done at home instead.

Teachers put in more hours than anyone else. have you ever tried to mark 30 English Language homeworks? They are totally hamstrung. LibDems want class sizes of 20 as opposed to 30. OK so why keep closing schools? Where are they going to get 50% extra teachers from?

Don't spout crap unless you can substantiate your "evidence". Teacher's pay is national rate. Some affluent areas in the UK (hence high property prices) cannot pay enough for teachers to live locally. Fact.

I done my SATS few years ago now but they helped me get banded into a learning group which helped my ability's so no I am not spouting crap unless we want to talk about what happened to that cat of yours or your 68 year old son who you wont let out the house or in the pub forum in case he sees a rude picture!!!!!!

WONT SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!

f606ad58-47f5-4488-8254-722341a4b726

Just out of curiosity, who are the 2 unions who wanna go on strike about this? I've heard about this, but they never said on the radio earlier who they were.

Oh and RM, I do agree with making class sizes down to 20. Some classes i've got, there are more than 30 in them, so it does take a lot out of you.

2 main ones I think

Teachers and head teachers to strike over Sats
24 March 2010 09:47

Click Here

Heads of schools and teaching staff that want to see an end to the national curriculum tests for 600,000 11-year-olds, because of the workload and stress they cause, are planning industrial action from 10 May, the Independent has reported.

In protest against the tests, the National Union of Teachers (NUT) and National Association of Head Teachers (NAHT) will refuse to hand out the tests in maths and English.

NUT and NAHT represent 85% of heads in the 16,000 schools where children will sit the tests.

I do agree with SATS, but in my subject, it is not setted, only for English, Maths and Science, which is understandable. SATS do help the students and gives them a better chance of doing well in the years in Secondary School IMHO.

No they don't, the time is spent preparing the paperwork for the children that have left the year/school and the new ones coming in. You really have no idea, do you?
It's not a 8 to 4 job. PTA meetings, OFSTED inspections, Governor's meetings are all in the teacher's own time, forwhich no overtime is paid. A 16-hour day is standard. Try it,then come back and moan.

"School Holidays" just mean the that the teaching staff are not compelled to attend the workplace - their prep' work is done at home instead.

moan moan moan

I been looking for work for 5 months now I would be very grateful to have a job right now

2 main ones I think

Teachers and head teachers to strike over Sats
24 March 2010 09:47

Click Here

Heads of schools and teaching staff that want to see an end to the national curriculum tests for 600,000 11-year-olds, because of the workload and stress they cause, are planning industrial action from 10 May, the Independent has reported.

In protest against the tests, the National Union of Teachers (NUT) and National Association of Head Teachers (NAHT) will refuse to hand out the tests in maths and English.

NUT and NAHT represent 85% of heads in the 16,000 schools where children will sit the tests.

Ahh, not my Union then! The NUTS will strike over anything, tbh!

I don't think teachers are going on strike.
They are refusing to hand out SATS papers.
<link>

Not quite such an interesting story.
Maybe we need one on the merits of SATS maybe...? Nope not as interesting.

Moaning about the holidays we have?
**** it, hand your notice in and become a teacher....

Or is pay not good enough?
Or is it too many hours?
Or don't you want to give up you weekends marking?
Or do you think you would just hits kids because you couldn't cope with the stress of them?
Or are you not capable of doing a Masters level profession?
Or don't you want the pressure of having to let actions of your personal life (getting lashed etc) effect your work life?
Or don't want to work with no lunch break?
Or don't like the though of never having 'an easy one'?

13 weeks holiday - yawn yawn yawn.

(Can you tell I'm a bit fed up with teacher bashing?)

I don't think teachers are going on strike.
They are refusing to hand out SATS papers.
<link>

Not quite such an interesting story.
Maybe we need one on the merits of SATS maybe...? Nope not as interesting.

Moaning about the holidays we have?
**** it, hand your notice in and become a teacher....

Or is pay not good enough?
Or is it too many hours?
Or don't you want to give up you weekends marking?
Or do you think you would just hits kids because you couldn't cope with the stress of them?
Or are you not capable of doing a Masters level profession?
Or don't you want the pressure of having to let actions of your personal life (getting lashed etc) effect your work life?
Or don't want to work with no lunch break?
Or don't like the though of never having 'an easy one'?

13 weeks holiday - yawn yawn yawn.

(Can you tell I'm a bit fed up with teacher bashing?)

What I am bashing is the ones who are ****ing the kids about by striking over the SATS

SATS put pressure on both teachers (and their head and governors) and children -CHILDREN - to perform. Is that right? should 9 year olds be subjected to pressure?

I do agree with SATS, but in my subject, it is not setted, only for English, Maths and Science, which is understandable. SATS do help the students and gives them a better chance of doing well in the years in Secondary School IMHO.

The more fundamental question is league tables.
If these were got rid of, then we'd have something which would benefit the students.
Primary schools need to send the majority of kids out with Level 4s in Eng/Math/Sci or they will be bumped down the list.
I get a student supposedly at Level 4 Eng who can barely string a sentence together but was taught to pass the SATS test, something the teacher was under massive stress to do!

"moan moan moan

I been looking for work for 5 months now I would be very grateful to have a job right now"

What qualitiies do you have? Why should anyone employ you?

Back