• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blue Boar

I like the boar but have stopped going in on a matchday. It was ridiculously busy the other week and a nightmare to get a pint. People sit at the bar and it's a nightmare to get a drink. Not knocking the pub or staff just like to get a beer without aggro.

I go in on quieter days.

That said, I went on the spread and the beer was terrible.

Probably do the railway instead which is my local.

I drank the Brentwood Blonde and the Aussie Blonde while watching the Woking game in the Boar.
Couple of good ales which were thoroughly enjoyed and Michelle said that they were going well and she'd like to keep them on so thumbs up from me. :Thumbs up:

I did hear the ale in the Spread was not up to much from a source that I trust so I'll give that a miss.

Popped in the Blue Boar last night. Three of us had some of the Aussie Blonde which was left.
Still around a dozen pint left when we left. Worth a look in today or tom if you like real ale and only £3.90 a pint

The only time I drank in the Blue Boar away supporters put the windows in. So long ago and so unmemorable that I can't remember who the aways were. Never been back. No need when we had the Spread and the Golden Lion.

The golden lion and the Nelson. Sadly both have been gone so long now.

Time passes but both must have been gone 10 years or so.

I used to sometimes pop to bar Vic too and thats been gone probably 10 years + too.

Last home match I popped to the railway for a couple and then the spread.

The spreads beer is awful and served in a plastic glass.

Just a Thank you S.U.F.C. Supporters from the local Campaign For Real Ale Branch.
If Southend United was not at Roots Hall, this pub would not stock Real Ale. As it only has the trade for it on and just after Match Days.
I personally will be joined by the Missus and a few people after the game to sample the Brentwood Blonde and Elephant School Aussie Blonde.
It wont be on in the Blue Boar till our next proper Home Game.
Cheers Again
Slaphead

Will be stocking usual real ales for game on Saturday
Recently discovered Craftwerk in Southend on my anniversary. After 2 or 3 hours in there the meal at the roslin was always going to be interesting. Should have stayed in there and indulged in one of their pizzas.

My band played in the Blue Boar back in the 1980s. It was quite a shock going back there as an exile and finding that most of the pub had disappeared...

Back