• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Time for a re-launch of a fans group to improve atmosphere?

• Yes, bring it back

Votes: 72 75.8%
  • No, dont bother

Votes: 15 15.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 8 8.4%

• Total voters

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Is it time for TBV to make a comeback? - perhaps slightly re-branded, with a renewed focus and direction.

Would you welcome it and would you support it?

Is a fans group focussed on improving the atmosphere needed at RH and eventually (maybe) FF?

Are any of you willing to get involved and help make it a success?

Or is it a waste of time?

Honest discussion required please...

Last edited:
Anything that helps support the team (I won't say club as it may put some off!!) is worth giving a go.

Agreed. I don't think it needs 're-branding' though, but just promoted more and get more people involved. Wishful thinking maybe, but would Gary Lockett be interested?

I'd say leave it until just before the move to FF. There will be bigger crowds at Roots Hall for the last few games and you might be able to make a bigger and better impression in those circumstances. I think the impetus then of a new stadium will give it a much greater chance of succeeding in creating more of an atmosphere

You gave it a good go with things as they are, and collectively we weren't too fussed either way in the end. Me being one of them admittedly, but standing and chanting is a lost cause with me. I've always been a chat with my mates, cheer at times of excitement on the pitch or score type of supporter.

As for the direction of TBV, I'd say vocal support would be it's only aim. Anything other than that, well, we have a supporters trust in place, so perhaps things could be channelled a bit more through them, to make sure they truly reflect how the majority of supporters are thinking?

Smiffy it can only be a good thing to bring some positivity into Roots Hall with all the crap that is/has gone on. I'm sure it would help player moral at the very least. Anything to get us out of this God forsaken league!!

Bring it back positivity around roots hall and a positive atmosphere can only help the teams morale and the fans attitude towards the games and attending.
Lets make roots hall and fortress again and make sure we continue to out chant the away support which we have not done much of in recent months

excellent idea i would help if i could it worked last time well then fizzled out i just don't know what could be done differently to stop that.

I think all of us in the north bank for the Crawley game with the drum, every flag possible will be pretty amazing AND it'll sound loud both at roots hall and on the tv.

Loud & Proud for Crawley people!

(ps at least we'll be visible on Monday night on the cameras)

I've always supported the aims of TBV and Smiffy and his team have put a lot of hard work and effort into it, only at times to be met with a sea of apathy.

t would be great to hear them from the North Bank on Monday against Creepy.

certainly bring back TBV what a great time come monday with those in the North Bank and those left in the west
maybe 2 drums instead of 1 as as many flags that come out and occupy the empty seats lets add colour and noise to monday night

Is it time for TBV to make a comeback? - perhaps slightly re-branded, with a renewed focus and direction.

Would you welcome it and would you support it?

Is a fans group focussed on improving the atmosphere needed at RH and eventually (maybe) FF?

Are any of you willing to get involved and help make it a success?

Or is it a waste of time?

Honest discussion required please...

I have a suggestion, a serious one. You may think it a bit off the wall but what about a Southend United choir? a) It would make a great sound impact on matchday and b) It could perform engagements and be a club ambassador. Just a thought but Michael Hewitt, who founded The Choir for all Seasons is a lifelong Blues fan. I believe the club used to have a choir years ago. Its not necessarily as stuffy as choirs were once considered. A lot of people could enjoy participating and it could well advertise/popularise the club in the process.:conductor:

I'm new on here

TBV ?

Tara Bradys Violin ?
Thunderbird Five ?

Yes definitely Smiffy.You did a great job last time round.

Still got my TBV flag from the Chelsea game, which is still hanging on my wall!

Do I support it? Most definitely - on my infrequent visits I always like to sit near the noisy lot. Unfortunately most of Roots is like a morgue for some reason and like BB, I've got my beloved flag in pride of place in my house :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments.

Glad to see the majority of you would welcome a re-launch.

The question is, are you willing to get involved?

The problem last time was, that only a small group of people were willing to put the graft in. That's not a slant on any of you that didn't at all. We just needed more support and volunteers, but it was not really forthcoming. Which meant it died a slow death unfortunately.

To make it a success, we need the full support of the majority of the fanbase. Ideally we need pockets of organisers all around the ground. Not just over in W Block/North Bank.

So, please add yourself to the below list, if you are willing to get involved. Even if it is just encouraging others to sing and taking it upon yourself to be a vocal leader in your area.

East Stand

Blue:

Yellow:

Red:

Green:

Black:

South Upper

Blue:

Yellow:

South Lower

Blue:

Yellow:

West Stand

Block Q:

Block R:

Block S:

Block T:

Block U:

Block V:

Block W:
Smiffy
TrueBlue

Last edited:
One major thing I have noticed is that, some of the songs that are sung (if you can call it that) are very mumbled because the songs are songs that you seem to have invented 2 hours before in the Railway bog.

We need some of the main ones back.

Oh Southend We love you, we love you Southend we do, We love you Southend we do..etc.

Barmy Army Barmy Army

Southend, Southend, Southend, Southend, Southend SOUUUTHHENNNND.

Gimme an S, S, O, O, U, U etc.

Paul Sturrock's Barmy Army.

There's only one Paul Sturrock, one Paul Sturrock. Adapt to suit players.

Ring Of Fire...

And other european songs that have been stolen which are brilliant when chanted in unison!

Oh when the blues go marching in.

Another big factor is that the songs need to be SLOWED down so it is easier to keep in time.

Might seem a bit sad to some, but why not have a ''set list'' each home game of 5 or 6 songs that we will sing throughout the game. You could print this off and hand out.

Something else that worked nicely was ''East Stand Give us a wave'' which was a laugh and creates a nice atmosphere in the stands which transfers onto the pitch.

Thoughts?

Back