• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Time for a re-launch of a fans group to improve atmosphere?

• Yes, bring it back

Votes: 72 75.8%
  • No, dont bother

Votes: 15 15.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 8 8.4%

• Total voters
Good idea! the constant chant of 'alder****' should be banned forever though..

TBV should make it clear that all songs and chants should be (positive) about SUFC and it's players. Opposition managers/players/geographic location of opposition team/fat bloke on the north bank should be roundly ignored.

Agree with Onion_Bag_Dave - a few main songs that everyone will be able to get to know are the way forward I reckon. They would become associated with SUFC in everyone's mind and the more used to them people get, the more likely they are to be able to join in all round the ground.

Although I have always preached recently that we need to be a bit more experimental with our chants, I agree Monday night we just need to get people into being vocal again, and if the simpler chants are what it takes, then let's do it.

I have a suggestion, a serious one. You may think it a bit off the wall but what about a Southend United choir? a) It would make a great sound impact on matchday and b) It could perform engagements and be a club ambassador. Just a thought but Michael Hewitt, who founded The Choir for all Seasons is a lifelong Blues fan. I believe the club used to have a choir years ago. Its not necessarily as stuffy as choirs were once considered. A lot of people could enjoy participating and it could well advertise/popularise the club in the process.:conductor:

Interesting idea. Worth a go to see if we could get a group of singers together who could sing in time and maybe learn some new songs.

TBV should make it clear that all songs and chants should be (positive) about SUFC and it's players. Opposition managers/players/geographic location of opposition team/fat bloke on the north bank should be roundly ignored.

Agreed. Make it about Southend, both the town and the team.

Although I have always preached recently that we need to be a bit more experimental with our chants, I agree Monday night we just need to get people into being vocal again, and if the simpler chants are what it takes, then let's do it.

Would definitely be good to hear some new original chants.

The perfect time for a re-launch is if we ever move stadium to coincide with new seating arrangements. It will help gather everyone together rather than have the old sods unwilling to move their feet for a sing song.

at the risk of getting shot down................I really don't see the point of it.

I can understand people wanting to sing and chant together.....but you can do that anyway.

I think the north bank experiment showed as a whole the general appathy from the majority of fans for this. I've no doubt 2-300 would go for it buts thats about 5% of the home crowd.

It leads to arguements......when negative chants come from the "BV" area, the BV get tarred with it whether it was them or not. When there's a great atmosphere, the BV like to take responsibility, when there's a crap at atmosphere they say its not their fault.

The acoustics are rubbish at RH, the noise won't carry anywhere anyway.

So to sum up, If you want a sing, feel free, just don't expect the whole crowd to join in.

Why don't you see if that nasty RM will contribute some funds.......or did he do that last time?

Old Ron Martin had a farm EI EI O ,
And that farm replaced Roots Hall EI EI O,
With blue voice here, blue voice there,
Here a blue voice, there a blue voice, everywhere a blue voice,
Old Ron Martin had a farm EI EI O.

It's a man thing.
Clearly. I just know that there's still been plenty of presence in the area formerly earmarked for those wanting to be part of the "noisy" section, and I've equally heard several chants starting in the South Upper recently which I why I'm querying the relaunch thing.

Incidentally, love the fact your little spray can man is now demanding a banana rather than cake!!!

Clearly. I just know that there's still been plenty of presence in the area formerly earmarked for those wanting to be part of the "noisy" section, and I've equally heard several chants starting in the South Upper recently which I why I'm querying the relaunch thing.

Incidentally, love the fact your little spray can man is now demanding a banana rather than cake!!!

Diabetes darling.

Back to the topic. I don't think it needs a re-launch as such, just a little promoting for more people to join in. I'm hoping a temporary move to the North Bank for a few of us could help a lot.

In my opinion I didn't know it stopped, still have the drum and still wave the 1 flag along with the chants.

However, I'd leave it as it is UNLESS we can move to the north bank on a permanent basis and have our own section, this in my opinion would be awesome.

The north bank makes the noise difference about 4-1 over the West IMO

so will the blue voice be relaunching in the north bank on monday or not? :dim:

Great idea to have a 're-launch'. If everyone can get together in the North Stand and sing loudly and together it would bring a great atmosphere.

This would be good for the management, players and also make us sound proud on the TV to be Southend fans!

You can't "re-brand" a football atmosphere. At the end of the day, if there aren't enough people at Roots Hall who want to sing then it's never going to get any bigger than one block. I wasn't even aware that the Blue Voice had ceased to be until I read it on here, to me it still exists because nothing's changed in block W.

Back