• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TBV in the West or North

• Total voters
Not asking for much, is it worth everyone switching from the west to the north for 1 game so we can officially solve this predicament of where the TBV should sit, the north acoustics could really raise the noise levels if everyone sings, if you don't like it, simply move back to the west at half time, anyone remember the elements of everyone switching from the west to the north at half time for the play-off semi final against crewe? Fantastic noise shown on the recording on my sky box :smile: just an idea to solve this issue

Don't think it would really matter, as long as the team is playing well the atmosphere will be good anyway!

Mmmm, I'm really torn on this one.

I have to agree that the atmosphere generated from W block on Saturday was pretty special and it did spread along several blocks toward the halfway line on occasions. I had quite a good view of this because I was at the back of U/V standing with some relatives, one of whom is in a wheelchair. However W was absolutely rammed on Saturday, will it always be like that?? Experience says, no.

I fully respect Scott and what he achieved in getting the North opened up again and doing so using the TBV's location as a driver however, and this is a big however, having got the North opened up should TBV/Scott have the right to say that if they don't want to stay there then the North should be shut again? This is not a pop at Scott, he knows me better than that, but there are others whose opinions should also count in any decision to shut the North bank again.

I know there are quite a few North Bank regulars who were not part of TBV in W block previously and have moved there from other parts of the ground purely because they want to be back on the North bank and want to watch their football from there, regardless of what anyone else may think of the view and facilities that is where they chose to watch their football; although I tend to stand in amongst Scott and the boys I'm one of that number.

If the North is open then that's where I'll be, even if TBV move back to W block. It's my spiritual home at Roots Hall and always will be.

Therefore my vote goes to stay in the North mainly because I enjoy watching my football with you boys but if you decide to move back to W then that's fine but please leave me the North to enjoy, if Ron gets his way it won't be for much longer..... :'(:winking:

Mmmm, I'm really torn on this one.

I have to agree that the atmosphere generated from W block on Saturday was pretty special and it did spread along several blocks toward the halfway line on occasions. I had quite a good view of this because I was at the back of U/V standing with some relatives, one of whom is in a wheelchair. However W was absolutely rammed on Saturday, will it always be like that?? Experience says, no.

I fully respect Scott and what he achieved in getting the North opened up again and doing so using the TBV's location as a driver however, and this is a big however, having got the North opened up should TBV/Scott have the right to say that if they don't want to stay there then the North should be shut again? This is not a pop at Scott, he knows me better than that, but there are others whose opinions should also count in any decision to shut the North bank again.

I know there are quite a few North Bank regulars who were not part of TBV in W block previously and have moved there from other parts of the ground purely because they want to be back on the North bank and want to watch their football from there, regardless of what anyone else may think of the view and facilities that is where they chose to watch their football; although I tend to stand in amongst Scott and the boys I'm one of that number.

If the North is open then that's where I'll be, even if TBV move back to W block. It's my spiritual home at Roots Hall and always will be.

Therefore my vote goes to stay in the North mainly because I enjoy watching my football with you boys but if you decide to move back to W then that's fine but please leave me the North to enjoy, if Ron gets his way it won't be for much longer..... :'(:winking:

Trevor, the problem I see is its costing the club money and serious grief with the licensing authority, not to mention the numbers of people who have been thrown out who I doubt otherwise would have with us in W block.

Of course it's not my call but that's why there is a vote, we need to see the general consensus first

West!!! It encourages others in the stand to get behind the team. In the North, if TBV has 150..then it is 150 voices. In the West, the 150 encourages another 150.

Think this acoustics are better in the north thing is rubbish. Yes it sounds louder if you are singing in the north but I can assure you the north is no louder to anybody else in the rest of the ground than if the singing were in the west.

Reckon being in the north bank is more about antagonising the opposition fans more than it is about supporting through song for many in the north.

Also as an east stand green our north bank fans often sound like they are being outsung by the opposition.

For the sake of the club - stay in the west.
For the sake of your egos stay in the north.

when we have a decent crowed and the away team bring a crowed the West is great but for the majority of games i find its just not loud enough i like the north and hope we can make a intimating atmosphere for away teams (without violence just with noise)
i heard a few peopl eon Saturday saying they cant wait to get back to the north and i must agree BUT whichever stand we are in I will give 100% and scream the blues on lol
p.s Fair play to Sumo Sat the Plymouth lot giving it large and he handles himself well in the past iv seen to often it start to kick off over handbags but Saturday was perfect all round

10/10 to the blues voice on the day ... p.s the other blue with the West is looking down at Sumo (Shirtless as always) Roaring us on

I think you become too much of a separate entity in the North Stand. The view is awful. Let's encourage togetherness. West Stand for me for many of the reasons you outlined - seems an obvious choice. Why not ask the players what they think?

Superb pic of W block on Saturday

e9e7e4eh.jpg

Add a vote to the North Bank from my old man - "Worked so hard to get it back, don't throw it away"

Add a vote for the West Stand. My Dad helped build the North Stand and he agrees with me, stay in the West!

I think you become too much of a separate entity in the North Stand. The view is awful. Let's encourage togetherness. West Stand for me for many of the reasons you outlined - seems an obvious choice. Why not ask the players what they think?

I agree with this...

Couple of my thoughts...

Personally I prefer to see TBV in the west, I sit in the south and you seem louder to me when you are in the west.

As mentioned before, when you are in W block the atmosphere is infectious and more people in the west stand get involved.

I'm not a fan of how separated the fans look when TBV is in the north and there is that massive gap of emptiness between you and the fans in the west.

If we go up the leagues, away teams will bring big followings and you will lose the north anyway, it wont be a permanant location unless we stay in League 2.

Personally, I vote for W block.

I voted for TBV to be in West, But i dont think we should stop people going into North. If we could somehow split TBV into both stands we may generate that atmosphere we all desire to get Roots Hall buzzing!! Obviously how we are playing on the pitch helps to this but if we arent playing well we need to still be able to generate some kind of noise!!

If we are going to be in the west stand then I think we need to do more to get the rest of the stand involved. When I've been in the Family Enclosure before there are little kids that can hear the fans singing in Block W (although only just) and want to sing along, but as soon as you try to start a song in there you just get stares from grumpy parents. If the idea of this is to get the rest of the west stand involved then let's make sure that happens, rather than just go back to what we had before we got the North Bank back.

So becuase of 1 decent atmosphere in the West you're talking about moving back? After all the time and effort spent convincing the club to let you have the North seems daft to me.

100% agree with North Banker.

I suggest we should just use the North Bank just once in a while. As previously stated, it'll save the club money and the difficulties for stewards. Perhaps a promotional offer to generate some interest for an expected low attendance game. £15 to stand in the North ? £25 for two adults in the North ? etc

well my dad lives in the flats behind the south and said he heard the plymouth fan but couldnt here us at all even though tbh i and it seems the rest of the people in the w block thought the tbv were louder than plymouth. Plus i think tonights game emphasises that point that about 50 singing yeovil fans made an absolute racket tonight for their size, therefore we should stay in the north for sure

Also the trouble with the away fans was one or two times early on last season so was rare so no real steward problems than you would have if we were in the w block

Anyone go tonight? 200 or so Yeovil fans, heard clearly all around the stadium... North Bank makes the noise!

Back