• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blue Voice Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellow Army

Members
I thought your mission statement was to get behind the team and make some noise??? You started to, but although a poor performance from the team today you turned against them with chants like "thats why we're losing" and "we're sh*t and proud of it" "wheres the eastwood money gone"

was wiggy in that stand when they started chanting for flavs in the second half?

funny way of getting behind the team

I thought your mission statement was to get behind the team and make some noise??? You started to, but although a poor performance from the team today you turned against them with chants like "thats why we're losing" and "we're sh*t and proud of it" "wheres the eastwood money gone"

was wiggy in that stand when they started chanting for flavs in the second half?

funny way of getting behind the team

In over 30 years of following the Blues, many things have changed but sadly the fickleness of the fans seems to be consistent.

yea, i agree with this.

the blue voice with some of the questionable chants, in my opinion are a little bit of an ironic group.

i read pages and pages on this forum about how the blue voice is all about getting behind the team and wants to be seen in a positive light, and after the chants today, not to mention those agaist swindon where the billy p bashing turned into more matty harold bashing, i feel the blue voice are making the atmosphere worse in the west.

yes it's loud and there is a drum, but this just means that on ocassion, a far more negative message is ringing around the west stand than the silence a lot of people are used to.

im not sure if the the ticket holders in block x understand how counter productive some of their chanting is.

I don't think the club would be pleased either, the fact they have done a lot to help create Blues Voice and on the launch date they get abused

Sure it will go down well

In all fairness they did make some good noise today and the frustration built over after the stewards throw 2 lads out , the Thats why were losing chant , i believe was aimed towards the stewards and was a bit tongue in cheek .

The Booing of Hunt was very unfair as was one of our better players today and also the Flavs chants were wrong , but encouraging signs that noise can be generated like the old days at the hall

I was toying with getting a ticket in TBV section for the Daggers game but after what I heard today I don't want anything to do with it if thats the sort of songs that are going to be sung if things aren't going our way.

As Laddiniho said I thought the whole idea of this group was to get behind the team no matter what, but instead the Voice was being used today to take a swipe at the board, management and Steve Collis, who I thought wasn't at fault for the goal anyway. Quite embarrassing given the pre-match presentation of £500 cheque from the Trust.

I was toying with getting a ticket in TBV section for the Daggers game but after what I heard today I don't want anything to do with it if thats the sort of songs that are going to be sung if things aren't going our way.

As Laddiniho said I thought the whole idea of this group was to get behind the team no matter what, but instead the Voice was being used today to take a swipe at the board, management and Steve Collis, who I thought wasn't at fault for the goal anyway. Quite embarrassing given the pre-match presentation of £500 cheque from the Trust.

Well get evolved rather then come on here and run your mouth about it kenny Jesus!! come on fella change can only happen from those who seek it not those who criticise from afar!!

Exactly my feelings today. I couldn't believe that the Blue Voice would turn on the team like that. Kind of makes a mockery of the whole initiative.

I don't know if I will buy a ticket in the Blue Voice section again as I don't want to be involved in that kind of "support"

I couldn't hear a dickybird from my location on West side of South Upper. I assume much of the noise is lost in the roof.

I couldn't hear a dickybird from my location on West side of South Upper. I assume much of the noise is lost in the roof.

Maybe I'll come and join you in the South Upper then MB coz it's got to be better than sitting where I was today in Block V of the West

there was negative chanting all round the ground and its a shame some of TBV joined in with it, the stewards really didn't help today by suppressing any atmosphere we generated

Historically Dave Jobson always seems to have had it in for any groups standing in the X block. One would hope common sense will prevail and the club would turn a blind eye to standing in that area given the purpose it is supposed to serve.

I agree with this aswell im afraid..
There was some good support in the first half and could hear you quite loudly (compared to normal home games) from the south upper east end, but didn't understand the chants near the end! I too thought that the whole point was to get behind the team no matter what..

great effort in first half though it has to be said.. quite a shame about the rest

I don't know about anyone else, but I think our strikers are quite young and unexperienced at the moment, but i can see enough good in them that I'm sure they'll start putting them in the net in good time.

Saying this the unexperienced signings could be blamed on not 'using eastwoods money' but I, for one, am going to give these forwards time and try to encourage them as much as possible.

C'mon the blues!

Most of the negative chants were started just next to the Blue Voice section, and some of the Blue Voice started joining in, but not all. Its their views, people are free to sing what they want so let them.
It was a great effort by the Blue Voice section, even when those mugs of stewards stepped in kicking 2 of us out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back