• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

not returning the ball childish nonsense some of the banter quite funny seems to me from v bloc that the problem is the kids trying to act hard by going in with tbv suggest some given a good smack by older element would be good one gobby little **** in a white shirt at the front in particular

The wannabe danny dyers and the stewards were pathetic. One kid in a purple shirt giving it large on his own to the stevenage fans wtf?

Saying that, the atmosphere was good in the west and think the sunny weather and the antics of the stevenage fans and players contributed to a bit of buzz around the ground.

The problem we have and I try to teach the younger lot as best I can is that most of them are young and get caught up in the brovado of it all already this week I have had to have words with a certain person over throwing bottles of drink to the back of the stand!! Please bare with me and smiffy and the others we are trying to build a section of singers to be proud of.

I don't agree with not giving the ball back especially when it's our throw!!!!

Quite - as a few people have said, that kind of behaviour is plain embarrassing and is more akin to that of Millwall fans. We don't need to stoop to that level.

A good atmosphere in the west today, the presence of a decent sized away following certainly helped but good effort all round.

Yes hold the ball back, 'run the clock down', slow the game down etc., but it has to be done at the right time! Wake up and think - don't do it whilst we are chasing the game. If it is in our advantage to do that, then no problem, but people need to think before they act - like Moshni need to over his penalty giving tackle/foul.

Just keep the ball in the stand, when we are 1-0 up with 5 minute left, to waste time and to **** another team off, not when we are 0-0, ffs!!!!!!!!! idiot!

The problem we have and I try to teach the younger lot as best I can is that most of them are young and get caught up in the brovado of it all already this week I have had to have words with a certain person over throwing bottles of drink to the back of the stand!! Please bare with me and smiffy and the others we are trying to build a section of singers to be proud of.

Not baring anything with you!!!

No problems at all with TBV yesterday volume/song wise, didn't approve at all of the ball retaining bit. We've massively criticised the likes of Millwall for such behaviour in the past and there's no excuse for it. The security guy deserves a very strong reprimand in my opinion, that was irresponsible and inflammatory to the Stevenage supporters - I really couldn't believe I'd seen him throw the ball in.

And as for singing "Southend's a sh** hole, I wanna go home" - well, why didn't they just FRO then?

If supporters put half of the effort they use moaning at opposition players, refs, etc into getting behind the players, then for once there might be a tiny bit of atmoshpere at RH. Instead there's only one block of people that get behind the team, mainly populated by 12 year old morons who kill momentum by not giving the ball back for our own throw.

If supporters put half of the effort they use moaning at opposition players, refs, etc into getting behind the players, then for once there might be a tiny bit of atmoshpere at RH. Instead there's only one block of people that get behind the team, mainly populated by 12 year old morons who kill momentum by not giving the ball back for our own throw.

In the North Bank of many years ago if a 12 year old moron played up they were persuaded ( usually by a punch in the head ) by an older fan to behave. Perhaps we should bring back self-policing.

In the North Bank of many years ago if a 12 year old moron played up they were persuaded ( usually by a punch in the head ) by an older fan to behave. Perhaps we should bring back self-policing.
Trouble with that Ken is that this is the generation that know all about their rights and they'd probably say something back home and before you know it, that "older fan" has been carted off down the police station on some ridiculous charge.

Are people really that bothered that Clohessy had to stand and wait for the ball for 30 seconds?

Lighten up.

OOH TO, OOH TO BE, OOH TO BE A, GILBERT!!

Are people really that bothered that Clohessy had to stand and wait for the ball for 30 seconds?

Lighten up.

OOH TO, OOH TO BE, OOH TO BE A, GILBERT!!

I am bothered by that, absolutely.

Turned up to be entertained by the players on the pitch not crowd playing handball.

Yesterday was why I go to football, big bank holiday crowd, great atmosphere from both sets of supporters and a feisty competitive game. However, keeping the ball especially when the game is all square is dull, boring and childish whether we do it or the oppo fans do. Keep the great atmosphere going lads but tell the children to grow up.

The problem is you cant stop anyone from going in there, although we do go to mainly every game doesnt mean we know everyone and control what they do. The group at the front right next to the drum work hard every game to try and make the atmosphere better.

Back