• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Moving to the front in the West Stand along with the use of the drum in the last few months has generally improved the match atmosphere and the support for the team which is a good thing.

Today though in my opinion this section was not on it's best form although some positive noise was made the daft insults to the random Stevenage fan that just happen to wear a Superman T shirt to the base insults to one of there female fans were not bad we had the not returning of the ball even to our own player's !.

Surely the purpose of this section was to support our team not insult opposition fans constantly and certainly not to retain the ball so the rest of the crowd can not be entertained by the rather impressive home form the team are now showing.

UTB

Moving to the front in the West Stand along with the use of the drum in the last few months has generally improved the match atmosphere and the support for the team which is a good thing.

Today though in my opinion this section was not on it's best form although some positive noise was made the daft insults to the random Stevenage fan that just happen to wear a Superman T shirt to the base insults to one of there female fans were not bad we had the not returning of the ball even to our own player's !.

Surely the purpose of this section was to support our team not insult opposition fans constantly and certainly not to retain the ball so the rest of the crowd can not be entertained by the rather impressive home form the team are now showing.

UTB

i take it you were singing all game long and trying your best to get the players motivated etc. or were you sitting on your hands????

giv over on the tbv, they have a laugh, positive song, few funny ones. whats the problem. have a laugh. jeeeez some people.

Classic bloke songs! I love sexism....
I liked Stevenage's song 'Does your mother, does your mother, does your mother suck you off?'
WELL DONE TBV, GOOD ATMOPSHERE TODAY FROM ALL AROUND THE GROUND!!!!!!!!!

Barmy Army!

WELL DONE TBV, GOOD ATMOPSHERE TODAY FROM ALL AROUND THE GROUND!!!!!!!!!

Barmy Army!

see a bit of encouragement is whats needed. rather than stupid rants. i can't believe some of flack tbv get. yeh some silly songs r sung but so what?? its called having a laugh. i bet when some of you were younger you were the same, unless you were really boring anyway.

it was a good atmosphere today end of!

i take it you were singing all game long and trying your best to get the players motivated etc. or were you sitting on your hands????

giv over on the tbv, they have a laugh, positive song, few funny ones. whats the problem. have a laugh. jeeeez some people.

Yes you are right as always I was joining in the songs that were in support of the team and player's.

But what is the point of not giving the ball back as it's not big and it's not funny.

Well not to grown up's anyway.

Yes you are right as always I was joining in the songs that were in support of the team and player's.

But what is the point of not giving the ball back as it's not big and it's not funny.

Well not to grown up's anyway.

tbh i've seen that be done to us many times, maybe it was wrong but it didnt hurt anyone. only lasted a few seconds. you have to remember stevenage needed to win, we didnt have much riding on the game. and quite frankly they deserved a bit of winding up!

Not giving the ball back was pretty pointless especially when it was our throw.

Cant fault the effort of the lad though.

One thing that was classic was;

One of the 'security' guards lobbed the ball into the crowd when Clohessy was waiting to take the throw which followed with a,

'What are you doing mate, get the ball back.' by Clohessy, the 'security' bloke then got the ball back. Brilliant, almost as good as Scriven kicking the ball into the North Bank!

One plus about keeping the ball is that it probably really really wound the Stevenage fans up!

Well I am glad that the "drummer" took heed of the comment made on Tuesday night.

Come on folks all these guys are trying to do is add a little atmosphere here - although some off the songs are slightly cringe worthy

Well I am glad that the "drummer" took heed of the comment made on Tuesday night.

Come on folks all these guys are trying to do is add a little atmosphere here - although some off the songs are slightly cringe worthy

i did feel sorry for the superman guy? i think he might have had a cry at half time. opps

Deary me.

What about the stevenage fans asking us several times if our "mummies have a little chew on our winkies"??

Dispicable behaviour.

These people should be in creche, not at football.

:Red card:

Last edited:
What the hell was all that not giving the ball back nonsense about today? Easton among others clearly didn't think it was very funny.

Embarrassing from those involved.

Embarrasing to have children throwing the ball back into the stand, instead of giving it back to the players. Makes the club's supporters look like the stereotype frequently levelled at us. To have an actual security guard do it is beyond irony; the one thing he's supposed to prevent, he actively participates in. Makes the staff look appalling to the players. Hated it.

I was worried before the game as Stevenage were very loud singing lots of decent new and old songs (inc my fav just cant get enough) and to be honest I thought we would struggle to match them.

Well I don't know what I was worried about, I was very pleased and thought the atmosphere was awesome today in the West everyone was bouncing and even more so after the saved penalty!

My only criticism is throwing the ball around, yes it can be funny etc but when we had just saved the penalty (plus they had 10) and had a chance to counter it really annoyed me, think it was the steward who soon panicked!

All in all, I loved today and that's why I love Southend :)

Thought everyone was in good from singing wise.

Did think it was a bit silly to keep the ball when we weren't winning.... pretty pure show from security bloke if I'm honest. Can imagine he may get a ticking off for it.

Not throwing the ball back was stupid! especially as most of the time, was our throw in! Even the security guy got a mouthful from Clohessy, ha.
Fantastic atmosphere overall! Loved the chants towards the female Stevenage fans, bit of banter doesn't hurt :)

Back