• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blue Voice??

JoshC

Members
dont mean to be a moaner or anything but i didn't hear much from the blue voice or see any flags on sticks from the other side of the west, i realise it will take time but i was just wondering what happened to the loads of people being up for it. South west upper were great today

yer have to agree i thought the blue voice was going to be singing throught the game... as soon as chelts scored it just went back to the normal silence.

Did like the way scott (True Blue) vacanted the East, and went to the west to go get them to sing

I would understand how everyone feel ..... to go 1-0 down or 2-0 down under 25 mins to bottom side like Cheltenham is soul destroying .... give them time and they will come good - teething problem at the moment but I belive it will get better after few games at Root-Hall.

TrueBlue ..... good work to bring Atmpshere back at Root-Hall, keep it going and it WILL get better.

Yer deaf in that corner then!

The problem is obvious and if you believe that the Southend performance in the first half was worth singing about then......well there you go.

The scoreline is irrelevant but that first half performance was shocking! The team needed more than singing to kick them into life. It was dire.

Plus, as has been said many times before, we make loads of noise every game unyet nobody apart from those in the next block can ever hear it.

Second half I thought the Blue Voice were in fine form.

Its not about the scoreline but we need a bit of effort on the pitch aswell. The first half there was nothing.

We were singing in the West for the first 15-20 minutes (which is an improvement) and then going 2 down totally killed the atmosphere, after our first goal we didn't stop singing in the second half.

Given time I think the atmosphere will get better.

We were singing in the West for the first 15-20 minutes (which is an improvement) and then going 2 down totally killed the atmosphere, after our first goal we didn't stop singing in the second half.

Given time I think the atmosphere will get better.

Agreed....acoustics of the ground dont help either to be fair to all the other singers...

Well I've got a sore throat so I must have been doing some singing! Or shouting....;)

Did like the way scott (True Blue) vacanted the East, and went to the west to go get them to sing

I thought that was a very intuitive tactical substitution by the blue voice,maybe Tilly should of took a leaf out our book and put Charlie Mac on Sooner ;)
As for the Blue Voice i thought it was a good start in very difficult circumstances and the great escape chant with the drum at the end sounded very good,just a shame a few more players other than Adam Barrett didn't come over to acknowledge the Blue voice effort at the end.

Last edited:
i was in south upper, and i know theres not loads of us but the atmosphere was alot better than few last home games.. thought we were quite good today

Isn't the point of the Blue Voice to get behind the team whatever the performance? People moaning about performances not worthy of singing - the whole point surely is to lift the team so that performance improves?

I admire the people trying to set this up - problem is that it is very difficult to get a scheme like this going mid season. People need to make a concious decision to get season tickets in the area at the beginning of the season. I think this is when the difference could be made - especially when/if we move to a new stadium.

The away support has never been too much of a problem - the fans that travel make a lot of noise and that is mentioned by many oppo fans.

Today had it's good and bad moments ...for a start the promises of Huge Flags from some members on here did not materialise.. I think The Balloons went down very well with all (and Thanks to those that brought along there own bags full). My feet are now killing me from all the walking I have done today ..:rolleyes:

The accoustics at Roots Hall stink as we know.....The West, were I was, started off very well indeed but when we were Two Goals down very quickly, the singing did subside ..It wasn't the best way to start off "The Blue Voice" going down 2-0 at home to a team at the bottom.

I heard The South Stand Singing, albeit it is very difficult to hear when we are basically at opposite ends of the Ground... I think when we scored The West Stand sang non stop for the rest of the game.....Good to see Sumo Trueblue join us.

For the first day at this overall IMO if went very well , it will take time I have no doubt of that and had we of gone 2-0 up early on I am sure the singing would of gone on all Match. A great effort by all those involved and those that sang your hearts, you should Pat yourselves on the back ..

Well done All.

John.

I dont remember enjoying an afternoon at Roots Hall as much as I did today. The noise in the West block (if nothing else) felt great. I hope this is just the start and one blue voice really takes off.

Also due to the spare seats I got to spend the second half away from the mandatory loud, obnoxious, overweight dolebludger I always end up next to. If theres one thing worse than seeing your team playing badly its being reminded about it by the guy next to you....every ten seconds.

With my kids walking into the ground wearing half the contents of the club shop we were well up for it. Unfortunately a poor performance by the team in the first half and 0-2 down and it struggled.

Thought the second half was excellent tho on the singing front and obviously there was bags more effort from the team.

A way to go with the Blue Voice but its certainly off to a decent start particularly given a poor start from the team.

It was good tho that the team (Macca and Clarke in particular) recognising the volume and geeing everyone along. I havent seen that before so clearly there is an effect there with the Blue Voice.

So well done to all involved, it was a good start for the TBV.

The drummer certainly helped there in the second half. Thought that was superb....:)

With my kids walking into the ground wearing half the contents of the club shop we were well up for it. Unfortunately a poor performance by the team in the first half and 0-2 down and it struggled.

Thought the second half was excellent tho on the singing front and obviously there was bags more effort from the team.

A way to go with the Blue Voice but its certainly off to a decent start particularly given a poor start from the team.

It was good tho that the team (Macca and Clarke in particular) recognising the volume and geeing everyone along. I havent seen that before so clearly there is an effect there with the Blue Voice.

So well done to all involved, it was a good start for the TBV.

The drummer certainly helped there in the second half. Thought that was superb....:)

Fantastic effort by you and your Kids today Gary ...I doubt there is anything left in the shop in Kids sizes now ....:rolleyes:

Wohoooooooo 5000th Post........

:)

Back