• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Blues’ Harry plays twice on same day

Evening Echo

The News
PREMIER League managers may often moan about fixture congestion - but Southend United goalkeeper Harry Seaden could definitely not be accused of feeling the same way.

More...

This is exactly why so many talented young players careers are cut short by injury.The club shouldn't knowingly have allowed this .

Another great GK prospect, have seen him in 1st halves of 2 different yoof games (not on the same day tho) and thought he commanded the area well and was very vocal in organising the defence for such a youngster.

I thought this was going to be about Harry Bunn but then he doesn't manage 2 games in a month.

This is exactly why so many talented young players careers are cut short by injury.The club shouldn't knowingly have allowed this .

Are you being serious ?

Three hours goalkeeping with a five hour gap in the middle isn't going to harm a young fit player as a one off.

Don't work in Health and Safety by any chance, do you ?

Wow. I’m surprised so many of you are ok with this. I’m with @hockleyeast1964 it really isn’t good practice and I’m really surprised the club have allowed it to become common knowledge.

There’s actually some governance about it but not sure if that applies once they are 16 but would imagine it does.....even so, the body shouldn’t be subjected to that, GK or not.

He’s not just standing around catching a few footballs!!! Have you seen a GK warm up? They subject their bodies to some seriously intense work....

Playing a game, cooling down, stiffening up, recovering and then playing another and putting the body straight back through the same punishment will lead to injuries albeit maybe not as a one off.....but certainly potentially and certainly if done regularly....

Wow. I’m surprised so many of you are ok with this. I’m with @hockleyeast1964 it really isn’t good practice and I’m really surprised the club have allowed it to become common knowledge.

Given that I spotted it when I saw Wakering's line-up before their match started their chances of keeping it secret were never good !

There’s actually some governance about it but not sure if that applies once they are 16 but would imagine it does.....even so, the body shouldn’t be subjected to that, GK or not.

He’s not just standing around catching a few footballs!!! Have you seen a GK warm up? They subject their bodies to some seriously intense work....

Playing a game, cooling down, stiffening up, recovering and then playing another and putting the body straight back through the same punishment will lead to injuries albeit maybe not as a one off.....but certainly potentially and certainly if done regularly....

Hopefully he will have modified his warm up, warm down routines to reflect the fact that he was going to be "working" for about 3 hours that day.

Lucky you weren't advising Susannah Gill.

Spot on.The nonsense saying hes not running miles misses the point.Harrys still only 17 so his body is still maturing,just seemed an unnecessary risk to take by the club.

Back