• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues' Bedford pushing for first-team debut

Evening Echo

The News
JOE Bedford has his sights set on a first team debut after continuing his fine goalscoring form for Southend United’s under 21 team against Peterborough yesterday.

More...

How, dont they play in different positions, thought Bedford was midfield.
Assumed he was a striker. Either way, an U21 midfielder who's banging them in vs an U21 striker who never looks like scoring - I know who I'd sooner take a punt on, and if it happens for Bedford then that's yet another youngster moving ahead of JW in the pecking order.

He plays centre mid . Two footed , cracking shot and been at the academy for 11 years. A real one of our own .

Ive seen Bedford play twice recently against bourmouth and then against Wimbledon and he looks a great player, not to sure his cut out for first team football just yet tho as he is rather slightly built, think it may be worth putting him on the bench or giving him the odd game if we have nothing to play for in the last few games of the season, looks good when I've seen him to be honest but wouldn't know where he would fit into our starting eleven, will certainly take some balls from PB to start the young lad.

Stuck him on the bench for the checkatrade game next week. If we are winning then give him a few minutes in the first team.

I feel Phil is v v good with young players (despite the critics) ...if reasy he will get the chance

Bedford outshone King (on loan from Swansea) Vs Wimbledon, that saying something about this lad! He need to hit the gym more often to build himself up!

I think if I'd have been playing alongside King I would have looked pretty good too, to be fair.

True, shame King didn't step up to prove to Swansea that he is ready for them, but he is more likely to join a rubbish League 2 side like Newport or Orient!

Back