• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Frank Nouble is one of those players who thinks he's better than he really is, which probably explains why he moves clubs every 10 minutes. I wouldn't want Woodrow back, didn't look a goal threat when he was last here. Matt Smith on the other hand would be a fantastic signing, but I think he's far more likely to go to a Championship club.

Everyone seems to be raving about this MattSmith, I’ve never seen him play. The Bristol City scoring record is impressiveso happy if he is the one we get. The issue I have often have with a guy thattall is it seems to encourage a long ball game and players just try and hit thebig man, I really wouldn’t want to go back to that “Sturrock” mentality.

Cauley Woodrow wouldn’t excite me at all, Ididn’t rate him. I know he must have improved but he just doesn’t seem the typeof player that would work for us.

Frank Nouble is a gamble and PB seems to likethese gambles. He’s 25 and maybe he could fulfil some of his early promise, he’shad a very mediocre career so far, guess PB is looking at him and his attitudeto see if he wants to take that gamble. After Ranger and Fortune I think I wouldbe happy with Frank if PB thinks he can do a job after his trial.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Ironshrimper
Better than Williams?

Perfectly reasonble post yet you guys cant leave it alone, dont moan when MB comes out with an outrages post, you just goad her into it.

She knew it was a joke, I always like the honesty of MrsBlue's post, she does not sit on the fence.

It has to be Cauley Woodrow as he is the only one to have played for us previously. You know how we like an Ex-Shrimper!

It has to be Cauley Woodrow as he is the only one to have played for us previously. You know how we like an Ex-Shrimper!

Woodrow would not be a surprise but Frank Nouble is already training with us according to today's Echo. As for Matt Smith, it would be very nice but I just can't see it happening. Mind you I said that about Simon Cox and Noel Hunt and they both turned up.

A very good tribunal and maybe a chance to poach smith away from Fulham permanently.

I trust PB and the team to make good choices. Everyone was moaning about MAF but he has been top draw.

Far be it from me to dash hopes, but Jokanovic will only allow loans on all Fulham players for the time being - and preferably to clubs that might improve his players.
That's not to say the mighty Blues would be a backward step for Woodrow or Smith, but should there be a need from the Championship bottom eight or nine - that's where they're headed.
Joka would not help a rival in the top half of the table.
Fulham have options on player contracts, so before someone writes Smith is in the last six months of his current deal, Fulham can press the trigger in June and sell him after then.

Matt Smith is interesting, but only if Ranger is on his way - we don't need both. Surprised we can afford his wages - would be guessing he's used to a higher package than we would offer and that he wouldn't be short of offers.
Woodrow I'd take back in a heartbeat. Didn't set the world alight last time, but was clearly an intelligent player and may fare better in a team with a bit more of an attacking focus, and a league where it's a little less kick and rush.
Let's not add so many we don't know what our best team is though.

With Frank Nouble already training with us , i can see PB doing exactly what he did with Fortune,a short term contract until the end of the season and telling Nouble ,if you want a longer contract show me you are worth one as did MAF.But that is depending on whether we get either Smith or Woodrow as permanent signings ,which i would be happy with either.

Too me this shows how far we have come in the last three or four seasons. Yes to Smith and Woodrow and probaly Nouble.
None would not have been mentioned as good targets for Southend Utd those few years ago, and none would have considerd joining us.
Woodrow was quite good during his previous time and i think i saw every game he played for us. We are three year's down the road and he was/is a England Under 21 with quite a few apperances. Smith well its already been mentioned. Nouble i have seen much worse in my time watching Southend dare i say is he better than Drewwwww.
Positive times in being a Southend Utd fan, when we are linked with the above three.

Agreed, but being 'better than Drewe Broughton' I'd hope would never be the yardstick we use to rate a new signing.

LOL.:smile:

Those white boots in the LDV Final, still give me nightmares!

Can you lot not take Jamie Proctor off us? You guys were linked with him before we signed him. Unfortunately, things haven't happened for Proctor and the poor lad can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Back