• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Blues boss Powell: Leeds manager Bielsa has gone too far

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United manager Chris Powell has revealed Leeds United came close to cancelling their pre-season friendly at Roots Hall because the Shrimpers did not have numbers on their shirts.

More...

I would hope CP has other things to worry about rather than the conduct of top of the Championship table Leeds United.

I would be amazed if we did anything like the analysis Leeds do

"“However, he’s pre-empted everyone with his press conference and showing everyone what we all do with the analysis.”

So no previous manager has had opposition training sessions watched? Yeah right. I find it a bit rich, in the modern game, for any manager to come out and talk about ethics. As much as I love the game, it has descended into a cheat contest that is occasionally interlaced with some football. The diving, the fouling, the constant attempts to fool the ref etc.... It may be a sport but sporting it ain't. If CP wants ethics then he is in the wrong job.

As we always seem to be taken by surprise by the way the oppostion plays and unaware of their danger men at set pieces etc perhaps Powell might consider that a little bit of pre match espionage, or at least having them watched, might pay off. That way we might be a bit better prepared than we seem to be most of the time.

Instead of all these coaches and managers sounding bitter maybe we could all learn something. Don’t tell me we do that level of analysis because the amount of times we’ve played a long ball to a solo striker against 2 giants makes me question if we actually know who we’re playing

Instead of all these coaches and managers sounding bitter maybe we could all learn something. Don’t tell me we do that level of analysis because the amount of times we’ve played a long ball to a solo striker against 2 giants makes me question if we actually know who we’re playing

did you just copy that off your twitter?

They must be doing the Bird Box challenge if they do.

Not a chance other teams go into that much detail

Extremely unlikely for teams to go back 51 games, but most teams in the FL do have some level of analysis (either collected themselves or by a third party stats provider) that shows very similar things e.g. where goals are coming from, formations used etc. Bielsa seems to have taken it to the extreme.

Back