• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues boss Powell: Play-off talk would be foolish

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United manager Chris Powell believes it would be foolish to start thinking of the League One play-offs.

More...

So basically CP is calling a lot of zoners fools 😉

Yep lets get 50 points on the board first then let's see where we stand:thumbsup:

Chris is a football man, pragmatic, has his priorities correct, knows how things can change quickly in football. Planning for the future, with staying in this league part of that future. So glad he's one of us and our manager right now. Really looking forward to coming over and watching a couple of games.

Hes spot on and i agree its foolish to talk about playoffs ,lets make sure we are safe from relegation first ,once we are then maybe if the results keep coming our way we then maybe can start to dream .:thumbsup:

I agree, as others have previously said.

Foolish to talk about the play off's, when we are potentially 12 points away. Realistically 5 games away (if you factor in our poor - goal difference).

Even if we go on a really long winning streak, I can't see the other 7 teams above us going on a losing streak, week in and week out. Whilst we try to make up the numbers.

Last edited:
Back