• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues defender Demetriou needs knee op and will miss the rest of the season

That headline, perfectly sums up our season from start to finish.

Easy work for Chris though, he probably just needs to change the name of the player and the type of injury, and copy and paste the rest of the article.

He will be gutted, cannot play at his previous club on Friday.

Another captain needed for Walsall, whose turn now?

Call me crazy for stating the obvious, but maybe he wasn't great on Saturday because he.. was injured? He clearly wasn't right, didn't sprint once, signalling to the bench throughout and hobbled off early. Hardly the game to judge him off.

On his day one of our brightest attacking sparks, shame.

Gutted for him - now who's going to accept the poisoned chalice of a captain's armband?

Perhaps he was brought back too soon after his op.- sit really near to where he went down injured on Saturday and could tell that he thought it was probably serious.

Demi is far far superior to Elvis, just coz he came through the ranks doesn’t automatically make him good, when he had a run in the side because we had no option previously he was terrible.
Rather see John White at RB

Demi is far far superior to Elvis, just coz he came through the ranks doesn’t automatically make him good, when he had a run in the side because we had no option previously he was terrible.
Rather see John White at RB
Elvis definitely seemed one of the brighter ones at the weekend, albeit that’s damning him with some pretty faint praise there.

Call me crazy for stating the obvious, but maybe he wasn't great on Saturday because he.. was injured? He clearly wasn't right, didn't sprint once, signalling to the bench throughout and hobbled off early. Hardly the game to judge him off.

On his day one of our brightest attacking sparks, shame.
Yep. I've never particularly rated Demi defensively but going forward he's excellent; gets into great positions, links play intelligently and is a goal threat as well. No surprise really given that he's spent most of his career as a midfielder. He and Coker have been massive losses in terms of possession and patterns of play.

I'm hoping a zoner will add up the number of injuries this season, including repeats.
Does 15 seem excessive? If it's any less I would be surprised.

Easier to list those who haven’t been injured for more than a couple of games
Bishop
Bwomono
Turner
Mantom
Cox
Moore
Robinson
Hart
Dieng
and maybe Kightly ?.

Anyone else ? McLaughlin maybe

Whatever else this season can be blamed on, in my 40 plus years of supporting Southend I can never remember another season even remotely close to this one for injuries. Obviously you expect a few and some have been unavoidable, but overall it has been simply ridiculous. Have we brought in too many players recovering from serious injuries because its the only way they'd join us? Are our training / player-conditioning / recovery methods part of the problem? The pitch? I seriously hope Ron has got someone behind the scenes analysing these things because we cannot have another season like this next year, probably in L2, because we will be non-league come next June if we do.

He looked well off the pace IMO. Was clearly still carrying a knock. Elvis did well when he came on so hopefully he can step up for these final 4 games

Back