• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Blues fan launches petition to get FA Cup clash replayed

:Smile: .... I'm going to start a petition to not have it replayed!

LOL .. So did I !

Bit of a con, as you think you are clicking on it to see how many people have signed and it automatically adds you on the list.

I wonder what the required number of signatures is to get a match replayed. Hopefully about 75 million!

LOL .. Indeed.

I couldn't think of anything less appealing than an evening in Barnsley in December!

LOL .. Indeed.

I couldn't think of anything less appealing than an evening in Barnsley in December!

Would it not be a rematch of the original game rather than the replay. We have no idea what would have happened at 3-3.

Taking in to account our injuries can't they just give us the prize money and let Barnsley play Burnley anyway.

Good point. It could go either way. They could declare it a draw and a replay at Barnsley or scrap the match and replay it at RH.

Either way, I can't see there is any way they will replay the match. The only way would be if Barnsley agreed and that won't happen.

I can only think of one match that was ever replayed and that was the Arsenal v Sheffield United match and only then because Arsenal requested it, despite winning the match.

It may be worth mentioning that any petition should be to the FA for it to have any weight at all. Writing to Parliament is a probably a total waste of time as I doubt if the required number of signatures will be achieved and even if it does Parliament can't just order the FA to replay the game. The FA have rules for most eventualities and Parliament can't/won't overrule them.

isn't it a change.org petition ?

I think that means its not a petition to get the game replayed , rather a petition to get the Government to discuss the issue !!

I think they may have bigger things on their mind at the moment.

**EDIT** RHB was typing at the same time...but quicker...

"Members of the House. Can we have quiet please!? . The next item on the agenda is the disallowed goal between Southend United and Barnsley" :Smile:

**EDIT** RHB was typing at the same time...but quicker...

Being a Honda owner I'm not surprised he beat you :ROFL::Hilarious: #NoOffenceIntended

No way will this match be replayed. Apart from the above comments, we don't have a strong enough team to replay them ATM anyway, and an extra match is the last thing we need, players need resting you know

:Happy::Worthy:

"This goal wouldn't have been disallowed under a Labour Government"! .. "Hear, Hear!"

"Let's hear from the Rt Hon Sir Christopher Powell .. MP for Prittlewell Victoria!"

Back