• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues fans mourn passing of Costello

Saw "Loopy" Lou on many occassions.A good club servant,scored some cracking own goals,a la Gillingham away in the FA Cup late 50s.Although i was very young Lou always had time to talk.He ended his work career as a very good tailor.R.I.P LOU.

Lou was one of my Dad's favorite players. I remember him taking me to Chelmsford one Sat to watch him play after he had left us. I was only five or six at the time. I cant remember the game but his name has always stuck.
R.I.P. Lou.

Sad news indeed, Lou was a member of the very first Southend team I saw in the early sixties alongside the likes of Tony Bentley and Peter Watson etc. RIP Lou

Saw him play on a number of occasions during my early years of following the Blues. A good reliable player and great club servant. Very sad news. RIP.

R.I.P pall.....Rember him well, I seem to think he joined us as centre forward, (not that great), moved to half back, but his best years and best performances were at full back.

Fifteen messages on this thread and no-one's mentioned that own goal. One of the best ever seen at Roots Hall.

Fifteen messages on this thread and no-one's mentioned that own goal. One of the best ever seen at Roots Hall.
I remember that volleyed back-pass that flew over Peter Goy against Coventry in the 62-63? season.
Lou started for the Blues as centre forward and steadily moved back into defence over the years, ended up playing full back. Not the quickest, but a big, strong whole-hearted player.
Great favourite with the crowd, sadly missed.

Back