• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bloody hell. Could've been worse I suppose - they could have just given the tie to Barton*.

*I don't know the competition rules. Maybe they couldn't. But you know what I mean

Interesting, I'm pretty sure in their league there allowed to field a couple of players who are fairly underage but obviously not in the FA Cup.

Oh well, Least the young lads get to thrash them again:winking:

Odd. It's not like said player, whoever it was, was the difference between the two teams. Rules are rules though I guess :clap:

But Echosport understands Blues fielded an underage player in the tie and the Football Association have now decided the game will need to be replayed.

Why are there rules restricting underage players? Surely a team isn't going to get an advantage by fielding kids younger than everyone else on the pitch.

Why are there rules restricting underage players? Surely a team isn't going to get an advantage by fielding kids younger than everyone else on the pitch.
Does seem a ridiculous rule, but more importantly, why did none of our coaches involved know the rules?

Unless the underage kid was Messi Jr then they may have a point. Do we know if the underage kid was on the scoresheet?

Blues forced to replay FA Youth Cup clash at Barton

SOUTHEND United have been ordered to replay their FA Youth Cup clash at Barton Rovers.

More...

E-Mail to the FA:

(from Ron & Phil)

Any chance we can also replay our games with Wallsall / Swindon / Shrewsbury / Burton & Chesterfield?

Ps..... Seem as we are asking.... and it's a cup related compition email, ... can you possibly re-conisder us for replays with Brighton & Scunthorpe, (I will let you know about the Bristol game, a little later in the week).

... and If you could see it in your heart of hearts (as it's approaching Christmas and all..) Is there any opportunity you could cancel the last 5 minutes of the Gillingham game & the last 30 minutes off the Rochdale game? We would all be so very grateful !!

Either way, I await your response, You can reach Ron at HMRC (during the usual business hours) or outside of these hours, please feel to contact myself in his absense, I can be located at the Roslin Hotel (just call the reception & ask to be put through to Penthouse Suite)

Seasons Greetings & Kind Regards,

Ron & Phil

Bloody hell. Could've been worse I suppose - they could have just given the tie to Barton*.

*I don't know the competition rules. Maybe they couldn't. But you know what I mean

Hope this helps. These are last year's but I doubt they've changed.

"(i) Only those players are eligible to take part who have reached the age of 15 years by
midnight on 31 August of the current season and not reached the age of 18 years as at
midnight on 31 August of the current season. (For season 2014-2015, a player must have
been born on or after 1 September 1996 and before 1 September 1999).

16. VALIDITY OF PLAYERS’ QUALIFICATIONS
(a) The Council shall have power to call upon a Player, and/or the Club to which he is
registered, or for which he played, to prove that the Player is qualified according to the
Competition Rules.
(b) Subject to (c) below, where an ineligible player plays for a club in a Competition matc h, the
Council shall remove the club from the Competition, and may impose further penalties
against the club.
(c) However, where the club satisfies the Council that the club (or any of its officers) did not
know and could not reasonably have known, even had it made every reasonable enquiry
(with the exercise of the utmost caution), that the player was ineligible, the club shall not be
removed from the Competition but may still be subject to any other penalty. (e.g. fine,
ordered to replay the match).

Hope this helps. These are last year's but I doubt they've changed.

"(i) Only those players are eligible to take part who have reached the age of 15 years by
midnight on 31 August of the current season and not reached the age of 18 years as at
midnight on 31 August of the current season. (For season 2014-2015, a player must have
been born on or after 1 September 1996 and before 1 September 1999).
).

didn't Graham Rix get banged up for ignoring this rule?

Does seem a ridiculous rule, but more importantly, why did none of our coaches involved know the rules?

Minimum age stipulations are commonplace in football competitions from the Southend Sunday League to the Olympic Games.

There must be more to this than "not knowing the rules" otherwise they'd have been thrown out of the competition.

Brilliant!!
Only@Southend United!!!!
Most teams caught playing an ineligible player due to age - play an older, experienced lad.
Oh no, not us...we play a lad that is TOO young and inexperienced!!
You gotta love it!

Back