• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues in talks to sign new goalkeeper

Could be our old keeper Elliot Parish who was released at the end of last season, he was unlucky as he had improved greatly during the season. We have Sam Walker back after a bad injury for next year and also two very good young keepers as back up so there was no point in keeping Elliot at the WHCS.

experienced keeper would suggest someone with more than 60 appearances, don't think it's Parish

EDIT: Sorry he has made 75 with loan appearances

Experienced would suggest in their 30s, I think Stuart Nelson is the obvious one. Out of contract and local.

I've mentioned the name elsewhere before but i have a feeling that it could be Thorsten Stuckmann.

Good keeper judging by the occasions I've seen him.

Think he was at PNE with Phil.

Could be our old keeper Elliot Parish who was released at the end of last season, he was unlucky as he had improved greatly during the season. We have Sam Walker back after a bad injury for next year and also two very good young keepers as back up so there was no point in keeping Elliot at the WHCS.

i would like to think we would have someone better then that if he aint good enough for u he sure as hell aint good enough for us

i would like to think we would have someone better then that if he aint good enough for u he sure as hell aint good enough for us

It wasn't that he was not good enough, he was only ever a back up keeper to Sam Walker who was injured all last season, he is fit now and almost certain to be our number 1. We have two lads who are both looking to be very good keepers in the years to come so they will both be vying for the back up vacancy next season too, so Elliott was released. He is not a bad keeper but there again there will be lots of keepers out there looking for a new club, the quality you get will be related to how much Southend are prepared to pay in transfer fees and wages!

Money who said anything about spending money .When it come to transfer money and wages our chairman is as bad as yours COLCHESTER AND PROUD don't dip there hands in the kitty money is a dirty word to both chairmans .:smile:

Back