• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues interested in League 1 striker from Sunderland

Argh!! We don’t need a striker!!!!! Totally lost patience with Brown. Can’t believe he’s being this dim.

Dalby and Murphy (and Arnold) are the only good things about this team at present. Who’s he gonna drop?

Rush should be given a chance if anyone and then we have kargbo and Dennis yet to prove themselves but are there. So 5 strikers, 2 of which are doing well and he wants to bring in another?

im done.

As Shrimper said on the rumours thread, Josh Davison, Benjamin Mbunga Kimpioka, Reeco-Hackett Fairchild, were the only three that seemed to fit the bill.

Josh Davison started for Charlton last night so might not be him.

If this is true then I can see Kargbo being sent back.

As Shrimper said on the rumours thread, Josh Davison, Benjamin Mbunga Kimpioka, Reeco-Hackett Fairchild, were the only three that seemed to fit the bill.

Josh Davison started for Charlton last night so might not be him.

If this is true then I can see Kargbo being sent back.
Kargbo is only here for another week anyway

Another player who can’t score goals joining us our recruitment is shocking

Just so you know, centre forward isn’t the only position we are looking to strengthen.

Yes Murphy & Dalby both look good additions, and with service they’ll score goals, however behind them isn’t an awful lot. Dennis is more of a wide player, Kargbo is only a month to month loan and I’ve already said he’ll go back if we can get someone else, and Rush is an unproven youngster.

If we are 0-0, or we are chasing a game and feel we need another forward on the pitch, we most certainly do need another striker.

Argh!! We don’t need a striker!!!!! Totally lost patience with Brown. Can’t believe he’s being this dim.

Dalby and Murphy (and Arnold) are the only good things about this team at present. Who’s he gonna drop?

Rush should be given a chance if anyone and then we have kargbo and Dennis yet to prove themselves but are there. So 5 strikers, 2 of which are doing well and he wants to bring in another?

im done.
……unless it’s a Freddy Eastwood type that does it all himself then don’t bother as the above mentioned are all good enough with SERVICE.
I know what, let’s sign Josh Wright, a younger mans Will Atkinson and just as non creative and useless.
Get out now Brown before it’s too late!

Just so you know, centre forward isn’t the only position we are looking to strengthen.

Yes Murphy & Dalby both look good additions, and with service they’ll score goals, however behind them isn’t an awful lot. Dennis is more of a wide player, Kargbo is only a month to month loan and I’ve already said he’ll go back if we can get someone else, and Rush is an unproven youngster.

If we are 0-0, or we are chasing a game and feel we need another forward on the pitch, we most certainly do need another striker.
It is far more important to get supply to the forwards we have already, Our midfield is dire atm and we need a creative midfield player more than anything.

It is far more important to get supply to the forwards we have already, Our midfield is dire atm and we need a creative midfield player more than anything.
But it’s not one or the other? No harm in working towards two targets in different positions?

I am sure the recruitment team know they need to hire a few people in different positions and deals progress at different speed.

if you’re running a business and need someone in finance and someone in marketing, you don’t fill one and then search for the other afterwards. Why would football be any different?

IF Daley/Murphy got injured, I’m sure our fans would jump up and down about Brown not having prepared enough back up? Gets beats with a stick either way it seems

That does need work on. I think moving Bridge infield would help with that. If we persist in a 3-5-2, I’d like to see Bridge in behind Murphy & Dalby. A base behind them of Dunne & Agogo would be solid.

Let’s say first 5 minutes of the next game, Murphy snaps a ligament in his knee and is out for the rest of the season, would you back a combination Dennis, Kargbo & Rush (obviously alongside Dalby) to get the goals to keep us up/get mid table/get play offs/win the league, or wherever you think we will finish?

That does need work on. I think moving Bridge infield would help with that. If we persist in a 3-5-2, I’d like to see Bridge in behind Murphy & Dalby. A base behind them of Dunne & Agogo would be solid.

Let’s say first 5 minutes of the next game, Murphy snaps a ligament in his knee and is out for the rest of the season, would you back a combination Dennis, Kargbo & Rush (obviously alongside Dalby) to get the goals to keep us up/get mid table/get play offs/win the league, or wherever you think we will finish?

Nope, but you could say the same about Arnold for instance. We need backup all over the pitch but priority should be midfield. Bridge I think would make a difference there even Kanali deserves a chance. The odd set up atm with Coulson having to be covered/protected by sticking Ralph next to him ( who if anything should be a wing back) is ridiculous to.

The whole team just seems to be set up wrong with the players we have. Having 3 of Atkinson Ogogo and Dunne in the midfield is non creative. We just seem to be spooning players in wherever. Whatever you think of Egbri unfortunately he should be nowhere near the first team.

I am all for more forwards but there are other positions that need sorting first.
As far as I know we still have Ang and Akinola on the books. What a waste that is if they never get even a look in even with the reserves to try to show PB they are worth a shout. His stubbornness over those two is also ridiculous.

Last edited:
Nope, but you could say the same about Arnold for instance. We need backup all over the pitch but priority should be midfield. Bridge I think would make a difference there even Kanali deserves a chance. The odd set up atm with Coulson having to be covered/protected by sticking Ralph next to him ( who if anything should be a wing back) is ridiculous to.

The whole team just seems to be set up wrong with the players we have. Having 3 of Atkinson Ogogo and Dunne in the midfield is non creative. We just seem to be spooning players in wherever. Whatever you think of Egbri unfortunately he should be nowhere near the first team.

I am all for more forwards but there are other positions that need sorting first.
As far as I know we still have Ang and Akinola on the books. What a waste that is if they never get even a look in even with the reserves to try to show PB they are worth a shout. His stubbornness over those two is also ridiculous.

In an ideal world, we’d have two “equal” players for each position so should one be injured, the other steps in without weakening the side, but we aren’t in an ideal world.

Yes midfield is arguably a bigger priority (I’d say the left sided centre half but that’s neither here nor there), but you don’t not sign a forward because you want to strengthen another position too. We are in talks with midfielders, Wright is training with us (whether he is the answer is another debate), CP has posted a story about a league one forward, but we are in talks with midfielders.

You wouldn’t turn down the option to sign one player in a position you feel you need to strengthen on the hope of signing a player in a bigger priority position.

Last edited by a moderator:
In an ideal world, we’d have two “equal” players for each position so should one be injured, the other steps in without weakening the side, but we aren’t in an ideal world.

Yes midfield is arguably a bigger priority (I’d say the left sided centre half but that’s neither here nor there), but you don’t not sign a forward because you want to strengthen another position too. We are in talks with midfielders, Wright is training with us (whether he is the answer is another debate), CP has posted a story about a league one forward, but we are in talks with midfielders.

You wouldn’t turn down the option to sign one player in a position you feel you need to strengthen on the hope of signing a player in a bigger priority position.

Depends on budget. Unless there is unlimited budget then you absolutely do need to have priorities. Plus lack of transfer window helps in bringing in cover for injuries.

Totally agree with that, I guess the only question is regards to the overall budget and maybe it would be better not to strengthen everywhere else except for your first priority and then decide you’d run out of funds.

I’m sure someone has got their eyes on this though.

From what I can gather, we’re looking at Benjamin Mbunga-Kimpioka from Sunderland. Didn’t score in 10 appearances for Torquay last season, but was actually rated highly by their fans, so must have something about him.

Depends on budget. Unless there is unlimited budget then you absolutely do need to have priorities. Plus lack of transfer window helps in bringing in cover for injuries.

With the loans of Dennis & Kargbo, we aren’t paying a penny towards their wages whilst with us, so aren’t making an impact on the budget.

We may sign the forward on loan, and it maybe the same deal, so again wouldn’t impact the budget.

The budget is there, and as I’ve mentioned before, we are able to add to the group as it stands. Once Akinola and ANG disappear, the budget will obviously increase, but them two staying isn’t going to impact another one/two signings.

Back