• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues interested in League 1 striker from Sunderland

With the loans of Dennis & Kargbo, we aren’t paying a penny towards their wages whilst with us, so aren’t making an impact on the budget.

We may sign the forward on loan, and it maybe the same deal, so again wouldn’t impact the budget.

The budget is there, and as I’ve mentioned before, we are able to add to the group as it stands. Once Akinola and ANG disappear, the budget will obviously increase, but them two staying isn’t going to impact another one/two signings.
Hmmm

It is far more important to get supply to the forwards we have already, Our midfield is dire atm and we need a creative midfield player more than anything.

Agreed, but you also need different options on the bench. That is something we don't currently have.

The thing is that if you set up a team to hump the ball forward, occasionally winning it in the air would help.
I saw no evidence of that at Torquay, and therefore am not sure about Murphy and Dalby.
Yes, Murphy's scored three but of those three, which was truly a decent goal?
Wrexham, arguably, but the Halifax effort came when they had switched off, and he missed a sitter earlier when it mattered. Thankfully, that Kings Lynn shank didn't matter.
That Aldershot goal was a fluke, and aint nobody going to argue with that!
Dalby? Time to get better, maybe, but he's slow and he doesn't jump well.
Yeah, another striker might help, but agree the midfield is pants!

Just so you know, centre forward isn’t the only position we are looking to strengthen.

Yes Murphy & Dalby both look good additions, and with service they’ll score goals, however behind them isn’t an awful lot. Dennis is more of a wide player, Kargbo is only a month to month loan and I’ve already said he’ll go back if we can get someone else, and Rush is an unproven youngster.

If we are 0-0, or we are chasing a game and feel we need another forward on the pitch, we most certainly do need another striker.
BY2, Rush may be relatively unproven at the first team level, but he has certainly earned his shot around the first team after excelling at the under-23 level and doing really well in the pre-season games.

That does need work on. I think moving Bridge infield would help with that. If we persist in a 3-5-2, I’d like to see Bridge in behind Murphy & Dalby. A base behind them of Dunne & Agogo would be solid.

Let’s say first 5 minutes of the next game, Murphy snaps a ligament in his knee and is out for the rest of the season, would you back a combination Dennis, Kargbo & Rush (obviously alongside Dalby) to get the goals to keep us up/get mid table/get play offs/win the league, or wherever you think we will finish?
Yeah, like that would ever happen to us.. ?

Argh!! We don’t need a striker!!!!! Totally lost patience with Brown. Can’t believe he’s being this dim.

Dalby and Murphy (and Arnold) are the only good things about this team at present. Who’s he gonna drop?

Rush should be given a chance if anyone and then we have kargbo and Dennis yet to prove themselves but are there. So 5 strikers, 2 of which are doing well and he wants to bring in another?

im done.
Best hope Dalby doesn't get injured- all the others play off someone like him and he's in a group of one. Plenty of people see the need for another striker and have relentlessly moaned about it. You don't agree- further PB's being dim and its so absurd you're "done". So I guess all the posters who don't agree are equally "dim" and fools.

And here is the problem- everyone is so desperate now to find things to whinge about, be outraged about, to find things to have a pop at PB (who 85% of us wanted) about, that nothing will makes us satisfied, nothing will make us happy. Or at least there will always be a sizeable group of dismayed posters.

This particular dimwit sees the need for a striker, creative/attacking midfielder as the two priorities, and for sure a left sided CB if we can bring three in.

Hoping at some point we can all get our objectivity back. It feels like a "one Foot in the Grave" reality show at the moment :-)

PS not having a pop at you specifically, you are far from alone!!

BY2, Rush may be relatively unproven at the first team level, but he has certainly earned his shot around the first team after excelling at the under-23 level and doing really well in the pre-season games.
We’ve had a few like that in the past, seems the jump was too big for most (wabo.. for eg) and for some, we we’re too small a club.

As Shrimper said on the rumours thread, Josh Davison, Benjamin Mbunga Kimpioka, Reeco-Hackett Fairchild, were the only three that seemed to fit the bill.

Josh Davison started for Charlton last night so might not be him.

If this is true then I can see Kargbo being sent back.
I don't want Hackett Fairchild any Where near our club! He's ****!!

Imo an attacking centre midfielder, is our weakest position needing attention. Especially if the strikers are not getting the service they need to get goals. How many if the new players in training are for that position?? Is there one?

I think most people on here would say yes to another striker, if they knew we had the budget. I think most people are getting the hump as they feel it’s a forward and nothing else, which given the history of Ron and the reputation of our club at the moment is no surprise.

Yes another forward, but not at the expense of other positions.

Best hope Dalby doesn't get injured- all the others play off someone like him and he's in a group of one. Plenty of people see the need for another striker and have relentlessly moaned about it. You don't agree- further PB's being dim and its so absurd you're "done". So I guess all the posters who don't agree are equally "dim" and fools.

And here is the problem- everyone is so desperate now to find things to whinge about, be outraged about, to find things to have a pop at PB (who 85% of us wanted) about, that nothing will makes us satisfied, nothing will make us happy. Or at least there will always be a sizeable group of dismayed posters.

This particular dimwit sees the need for a striker, creative/attacking midfielder as the two priorities, and for sure a left sided CB if we can bring three in.

Hoping at some point we can all get our objectivity back. It feels like a "one Foot in the Grave" reality show at the moment :-)

PS not having a pop at you specifically, you are far from alone!!
I get what you're saying up to a point as I think that internet fans forums are usually dominated (or appear to be) by those who want to complain about things though the voting on polls does sometimes gives a more balanced view.
I wasn't expecting PB's team to set the NL alight this season but I thought we would be fit and competitive and hoped we might sneak into the playoffs by the end of the season - and with 37 games still to play its obviously far too early to say we won't.
However, the last 3 results have felt like a bit of a wake up call for me. As another poster has said elsewhere, at the moment it feels like we're getting all the worst aspects of PB and none of the best.
It could be just be a temporary blip and much of what has been said by posters (myself included) might turn out to be an hysterical over-reaction.
I used to get myself very annoyed with Southend fans moaning all over the internet when we were in the top half of league one. Not just in PB's first spell, it used to happen in Steve Tilson's time as well.
Bu sadly after the last couple of seasons and a disappointing start to this one I find that I am drifting towards the more pessimistic camp myself.

Danny Crowley can do one. One day when he's all washed up he will be begging to manage this club.
Southend had their chance to appoint Danny Cowley many years ago, but they blew that chance when they ignored his terrific track-record in non-league football until he took Lincoln out of the National League at the first time of asking. Unlike Mark Molesley at Southend, Cowley was actually backed by Lincoln's Chairman and Board as well.

Back